Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 07:28 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,830,845 times

Advertisements

If I'm dressed in anything other than pjs I'm pretty much always wearing a bra, because:

But I don't think women should feel obliged to wear them if they feel more comfortable without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 07:33 PM

11,143 posts, read 7,909,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
1. Nothing
2. Thicker shirt
3. Due to breast shape it may not be a problem

This headlights showing is only a thing when you decide it has to be. I think the braless movement can help desexualize breasts. And frankly why is the onus on women to protect delicate males instead of telling men to watch them themselves and get over it.
Hey Buster! my eyes are ... well my eyes are down here. ( I am short).
They can look me in the eye and still look down my top. Grrrrr! Lol

Old 04-13-2018, 07:55 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,804,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I have an A cup but I still need to wear a bra! None of that push up stuff though..

I'm just wondering, what do people do when their headlights are showing? I wouldn't want someone taking a picture of me and nips are showing...
You can get little silicone stickers that cover your nipples.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:20 PM

323 posts, read 220,691 times
Haha I actually went braless to the library today, but i had a jacket zipped over it so it didn't look obvious.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:31 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,939,002 times
I don’t feel like I can go without one but if I could I would when convenient. I have some friends who are rather flat chested and can wear all sorts of tops I never can get away with wearing, either because they have the chest for it (so... no chest lol) or can get away with going without a bra. If I’m in public, I’m wearing some type of bra. If I’m at home, I might not be.

I don’t care what others do. I may look at a woman and think “oh honey, you should be wearing a bra,” but that’s just MY opinion, what I would do if I were her, and I would never tell her or look at her in disgust or anything. If someone I know asks for my advice on whether they should wear a bra with something, then I will give it, but people are free to do what they want.

But in the winter I totally will run out for a quick errand wearing just a t-shirt and my zipped fleece jacket haha.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:07 PM

20,263 posts, read 19,850,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
..... I think the braless movement can help desexualize breasts.....
In your dreams maybe.

Old 04-13-2018, 10:15 PM

87 posts, read 58,119 times
When I go out I always bra because with a bra my boobs are spectacular so I want to show them off. I take my bra off at home for total relaxation though.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:20 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,700,494 times
I find bras extremely uncomfortable - so I always take mine off immediately when I get home. If I could get away with never wearing a bra, I would. But I do think it makes me look sloppy to go without one unless it's cold and I have on layers of clothing.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:04 AM

574 posts, read 380,521 times
My late girlfriend had AAs, and she NEVER wore a bra......... she said that it was more comfortable, cheaper on the wallet, and she'd sweat less because of it. she loved it, and there're several gal friends of hers that were jealous when it came down to it, when they actually used to make fun of her for it in middle/high school

Old 04-14-2018, 06:08 AM

924 posts, read 1,671,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Haha - speak for yourself! When I started getting mammograms in my 40's the technician said I had very dense breasts and I said "Sure...now" and she said I'd always be perky. Maybe she just wanted to go out with me but 15 years later I still easily pass the pencil test - but hey, I'm only a B.
"Dense breasts" is a medical term and having them means you have a higher chance of developing breast cancer and a higher chance of having it go undetected by mammogram until it is larger because your breast tissue obscures the image. This is in women with no family history of BC. I don't know why the technician would link it to perkiness because it has nothing to do with how the breast tissue feels.

I found this out when I received a letter from the testing center saying that I had dense breast tissue, category C, and should discuss with my doctor whether I should undergo additional testing. That letter is required by law in Florida, and elsewhere. Legislation and Regulations for Dense Breast | DenseBreast-Info When your doctor calls and says your mammogram was fine, ask for the density score done by the radiologist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty