U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2018, 01:26 PM

29 posts, read 10,174 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've never had that problem. I can't imagine why you think that VS would have quality items of any kind. It's not a high-end store. If you want quality, go Macy's, Nordstrom's, and that type of department store.
I worked at two different surf shops as a teen selling "high end" swimwear that cost three times as much as VS swimwear. And VS had the best quality swimwear for the cheapest price. The only word I would use to describe VS swimwear is quality. There was less pulling and snagging of the fabric, less fading, and the elastic never got old or stretched out.

And no, swimwear at Macy's, Nordstrom etc. is not better quality. They sell Rampage for goodness sake lol.

Victoria's Secret is owned by the limited. Limited stuff, Victoria's Secret stuff, it's the same.

I.N.C is okay but for the most part the clothes at Macy's are not higher in quality then the clothes at the limited.
So no, Macy's is not better quality then Victoria's Secret.

And the only things of quality at Nordstrom's are the actual designer items.

Are you suggesting that they buy Louis Vuitton underwear? lol

Last edited by Sun Shine State; 04-19-2018 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I only remember looking at their online catalog, which is full of clothing items, and everything looked cheap, and kind of cheesy. It did not make a good impression.
I am devastated by the loss of the beloved VS catalog.
A part of me has died with the catalog.
I have lost my spirit.
My shopping spirit.

Only certain body types could pull off wearing their clothes so its understandable why so many people didn't like their clothes. People usually don't like clothes that don't look good on them.
Oh and speaking of quality, their yoga pants. Dam*. Best yoga pants ever. Most other ones shrink in the wash, lose their shape after a while, etc.
But not the VS yoga pants. They hold up as well as their swimsuits did.

So not all of their stuff has turned to crap. The yoga pants are awesome.
I've never gotten a pair of yoga pants at Macy's that even came close in quality.

If you are not actually familiar with the merchandise that these places have you really shouldn't be making suggestions. And you also shouldn't be discouraging people when you have nothing to base it on. If you have never actually owned anything from VS like your comment suggests then its foolish to be telling people that it's not good quality. You have no experience in that area so you don't really know.

Last edited by Sun Shine State; 04-19-2018 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 03:12 PM

741 posts, read 547,025 times
No pics in the thread for a visual of what your talking about

Old 04-19-2018, 05:12 PM
Status: "happy again, no longer catless! t...." (set 5 days ago)

14,421 posts, read 16,686,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Alas, no thongs.
But on a cold winter night with the windows leaking cold air, and the heater losing the battle, I've been very tempted to order some of their longjohns.....

And yes, female. They make cold weather stuff for both.

Old 04-19-2018, 05:41 PM

16,935 posts, read 19,680,616 times
I buy FTL for women. They seem to last.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
VS underwear quality has gone downhill so far so fast.

I have pairs from 10 years ago that are in better shape than some I bought 3 years ago. I no longer buy them because the quality is horrible. Not worth it. They are so thin and fall apart.
I worked at the Limited. The Limited owns Victoria's Secret. Many of their clothes were exactly the same. For example the VS "Christie fit" pants were the same as the Limited's "Cassidy fit" pants.

So they had a lot of the same stuff and a lot of the same problems.
Their top selling stuff was produced in several different factories in several different countries.
They would work off the same patterns at the different factories and were supposed to use the same material.
Sometimes there would be bad batches of stuff.
If the people in the backroom noticed it was a bad batch it would get sent to some discount outlet.
But sometimes it would slip through the cracks.
So sometimes people would get a product that wasn't at the quality point it should have been.
Also sometimes they would experiment with different fabrics but if they realized that something didn't work out quality wise they would stop.

It's not surprising that you have ten year old merchandise that is in better condition then three year old merchandise.
It could have been a bad batch or bad experimental materiel.

Give it another try.
They still make good stuff.

Last edited by Sun Shine State; 04-19-2018 at 07:41 PM..

Old 04-19-2018, 07:53 PM

5,739 posts, read 3,185,977 times
IDK... stop trying to stuff 20 pounds of butt into a 5 pound bag?

Old 04-19-2018, 08:02 PM

489 posts, read 324,621 times
It seems most clothing items for women are poorly made.

I have both sons and daughters and the difference in quality and materials of their attire is huge. It starts in the newborn aisle and never changes. Undies, socks, pants, dress clothes...male clothing is built to last while female items are made to look pretty.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:16 PM

12,685 posts, read 9,432,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I don't yank them off in fits of passion...
Well, that's your first mistake.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:20 PM

1,665 posts, read 771,338 times
The dryer kills underwear. After machine washing, I always line dry my bras and panties. They last quite a long time with this method.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty