U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 01:08 PM

10,129 posts, read 9,357,003 times

Advertisements

I've found that the fancier undies with lace, etc. tend to hope up better. My favorite VS cotton hipsters - the waistband started separating :/ Thongs are virtually indestructible lol..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM

2,002 posts, read 218,888 times
Can't say I've ever had underwear self-destruct LOL sorry to hear that's your situation.... not sure what you're washing them with, or in. I own some Soma panties and they've lasted me over a year now with no issues. VS can wear quicker, especially if you're buying lots of lacy things but honestly I've owned panties from them for years and had to maybe throw only one away in that time period. Those are the ones I wear all the time. I put them in the washer and air dry them, no dryer unless I'm in a hurry.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:46 PM

23,977 posts, read 31,205,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
One can usually get a good estimation of age according to comments made on a thread like this.

True!!

Old 05-07-2018, 06:54 PM

4,877 posts, read 1,382,010 times
VS underwear is actually made to self-destruct.

Curiously, what you don't mention is buying standard well-known brands at standard well-known department stores. Have you tried that?

By the way, try complaining to the manufacturers.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:22 AM

525 posts, read 136,594 times
I love SOMA. No issues. Control top, hi-leg with the anti-skid tracks on the back of the leg.

STLgaltoo

Old 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,829,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have noticed lately that the ladies panties I buy literally fall apart very quickly. I usually buy my undies at stores like Walmart, and I know that their stuff is cheap. But even undies that I buy at other stores, even VS or Soma, literally self-destruct in a matter of weeks.

I am not unusually hard on my knickers. I don't yank them off in fits of passion. I wash them separately in a "lingerie" bag in my washing machine on the "gentle or delicate" cycle. I try to take care of them, but within a matter of a few weeks, they are usually falling apart. Seams coming out, elastic tearing away, etc.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? Can you suggest a better way to buy undies? Please, I don't want to spend $20 for a pair. But I am willing to spend a reasonable amount.

well they are made in countries where they exploit people and they use cheap fabric for quick profit. you pay next to nothing they rip. then you have to buy more. they make a profit

if you want stuff to last you will have to pay for quality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty