Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 02:30 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times

Advertisements

I was recently at an art gallery and my best friend and I were being our usual weird selves. Someone snapped a photo... VERY candid. My friend is about 5'0 tall and I'm 5'9. For some reason, I'm pantomiming that I'm going to *bonk* her on the noggin. I have my mouth wide open in a maniacal-looking laugh. My shoulders are hunched up and I'm standing pigeon-toed. That photo alone would be enough to convince any judge to commit me into a mental health facility against my will.
I'm very animated. That's what we'll call it. Animated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2018, 02:39 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I don’t know how to take that because I look good in some mirrors and bad in others.
That's not what I meant. I mean that none of us have perfectly symmetrical faces, so when you see yourself in a mirror, whether you think you look good or bad, you are seeing yourself in reverse. You cannot possibly see yourself the way other people see you. What you see in photographs is what other people see. That's why you think your own face doesn't look right but everyone else's does.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I don't kid myself, I'm fat and I definitely look worse in motion than in stills. I would murder the fool who post a pic of me in motion.

Turned 60 last month, really can't believe I am, my mind just seems to not be able to get out of 40, but my body face seems to be advancing much faster, though I don't think I look horrid for 60, but 50 was so much better and 40 I was still killing it. Oh well, camera doesn't love me, but I still get hit on regularly, make up or no makeup, so, can't be all bad. OK, maybe not hit on exactly regularly, more like peck.
Happy birthday. I'm August 1 (note the "801" after the delusional screen name).

Did it ever occur to you that there were only 48 stars on the flag when we were born?

When I turned 40, my marriage was circling the drain, and I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "I'm not going to be in this much longer" and feeling crappy that life didn't go as I'd hoped.

I was OK when I turned 50. Had a FWB and had killed most of the debt from being married to a loser and was doing well career-wise, which came late to me.

Now here comes 60 and I'm in a pretty good relationship for the first time in my life. So, not really feeling bad, as long as I don't look too closely at my body in bright light. Or medium light. Candlelight is OK...long as the candle isn't REAL close.

Come to think of it, everything good came late to me. 70 should be a kick-ass year, huh?

One good thing about being so tall is that it comes with a solid bone structure and inherent strength. Mom is 89 and her back is still straight as a rod. She was still moving furniture around in her 70s.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I was recently at an art gallery and my best friend and I were being our usual weird selves. Someone snapped a photo... VERY candid. My friend is about 5'0 tall and I'm 5'9. For some reason, I'm pantomiming that I'm going to *bonk* her on the noggin. I have my mouth wide open in a maniacal-looking laugh. My shoulders are hunched up and I'm standing pigeon-toed. That photo alone would be enough to convince any judge to commit me into a mental health facility against my will.
I'm very animated. That's what we'll call it. Animated.
I like it. It's all about the adjectives!

Old 05-08-2018, 03:41 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I like it. It's all about the adjectives!
That's right! Ebullient and effusive and full of it.

Old 05-08-2018, 03:53 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Happy birthday. I'm August 1 (note the "801" after the delusional screen name).

Did it ever occur to you that there were only 48 stars on the flag when we were born?

Gee thanks for that reminder. LOL!

When I turned 40, my marriage was circling the drain, and I remember looking in the mirror and thinking "I'm not going to be in this much longer" and feeling crappy that life didn't go as I'd hoped.

I was OK when I turned 50. Had a FWB and had killed most of the debt from being married to a loser and was doing well career-wise, which came late to me.

Now here comes 60 and I'm in a pretty good relationship for the first time in my life. So, not really feeling bad, as long as I don't look too closely at my body in bright light. Or medium light. Candlelight is OK...long as the candle isn't REAL close.

Come to think of it, everything good came late to me. 70 should be a kick-ass year, huh?

One good thing about being so tall is that it comes with a solid bone structure and inherent strength. Mom is 89 and her back is still straight as a rod. She was still moving furniture around in her 70s.
Congrats on your relationship happy to hear it makes you feel good to be in it.

I joke about myself, but, I've no major qualms about me and how I look. As far as dating, I took myself out of that pool long ago, even if they keep trying. I'm not even going to talk about my attempt at FWB, just way it didn't go well. For the long or short haul, I'm just too ornery. I no longer am able to play nice with some of the boys. At 60, I wouldn't say I'm frail, but, the bod isn't what it was and such is life.

Funny thing is now I enjoy having pictures taken of me with friends, candid and otherwise; that wasn't always the case, I had a nickname in reference to hiding from the camera. One day, I just decided to stop hiding and let the lens rip. But, I still prefer taking pics when I have complete control on whether they get posted. I would say, I prefer selfies, you get to make the choice on what circulates. I just wouldn't want to miss out on the fun memories captured in those photos where I'm grouped with friends and or family. Even after I cringe, I smile each time I look at those candid photos, it just helps me relive those great moments.

As far as what someone mentioned about id photos, ugh, just no, I think I had one picture taken in all of my years of photo ids that I thought was nice. Most recent one, I try to flash show it when requested. I look like a pumpkin head in my most recent license photo. All face huge face/head it the id photo.

Old 05-08-2018, 05:24 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You live near camels?
Yeah, I live downtown in a city in Washington state. Imagine my surprise.

It was either a herd of camels or a herd of Bigfeet. Or maybe just people dressed as camels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
You are so funny . This post, and the other one is exactly how I feel about myself. Thanks for the laughs.
You're welcome. But you could thank me better by hooking me up with a plastic surgeon who works for free.

Quote:
Oh, aren't you just a ray of sunshine? It's bad enough we all think we're homely - now we have to deal with being old and homely!

Old 05-08-2018, 05:33 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,906,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I am very un-photogenic. Having my picture taken makes me very uncomfortable. When I try to force a smile, I end up looking like I am taking a crap. If it try not smiling it is better, but looks like I am P.O.ed. Surreptitious snap shots sometimes look decent if I do not know they are taking a picture and I am comfortable with what I am doing. Frnakly I think I walk arond quite a lot looking like I am taking a crap.
Me too, and sometimes when they say, “smile”, I thought I already was, so I pour on more smile and it looks silly..

Old 05-08-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
yeah, i live downtown in a city in washington state. Imagine my surprise.

It was either a herd of camels or a herd of bigfeet. Or maybe just people dressed as camels.

You're welcome. But you could thank me better by hooking me up with a plastic surgeon who works for free.

Oh, aren't you just a ray of sunshine? It's bad enough we all think we're homely - now we have to deal with being old and homely! :d
lol! This was a fun thread. The young and beautiful don't know what they're missing.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:58 PM

310 posts, read 446,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I swear, I must be either a lot uglier than I think I am, or else the least photogenic person on the planet.

Today a friend posted a group photo, including me, on Facebook and I’m humiliated. I took it down from my page, but it’s still out there in her’s.

I’m not used to thinking of myself as ugly, I know I used to be pretty, although I know the years have not been kind, but I have not looked good in a picture for about 15 years.

I hate the fact that I dont have recent pictures of myself with my kids or grandkids, but I avoid cameras like the plague.
There will always be somebody prettier or uglier than you. When we are dead and gone it won’t matter. The people you leave behind won’t remember how pretty or ugly you are, they will remember if you were a good soul or a bad soul. They will remember how you treated them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty