Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 06:19 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,334,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Hehe...I just had to respond to this. Unfortunately the weight loss didn't result in small and perky. Instead, it resulted in droopy. Just enough sagging flesh to require me to wear a bra. My breasts are a war zone man.

Hey guys thanks. I think we have a Nordstroms. I may go to Macy's though, so that I can find a bra that's affordable after getting fitted lol...

I had to ask this because the specialty spots are going the way of the dodo...also thanks about the band. never thought of that. Actually I don't know why I still wore 34s...I think it's because I used to be a 34 and then just downsized the cup thinking that was the issue... looks like yes, exercise can also change the band size too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I also vote for a mainstream department store like Dillard’s or Macy’s. Many cities do not have a Nordstrom’s.

I am a hard to fit size also, so it is very important to try on a bunch of different bras. I have found a few brands that I can order on line with confidence, but I had to try a bunch on first.
There is a Nordstrom near the OP.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/st/nordst...main-northside
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2018, 04:43 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,663,195 times
Belk and JC Penny have bra fittings.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,553,788 times
Check the yellow pages for mastectomy supplies. They are very good at fitting.

In Maine the best one is a store called "My Special Place" in Portland, Maine.

Yeah, written by a man, but my wife was very satisfied with the service.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:18 AM

2,606 posts, read 2,683,568 times
i don't need help with fitting as I got fitted in Hanas store but I need help finding bra that don't show thru clothes

Old 06-06-2018, 08:25 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,334,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
i don't need help with fitting as I got fitted in Hanas store but I need help finding bra that don't show thru clothes
Match your bra as closely as possible to your skin tone.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:34 AM

67,666 posts, read 60,197,371 times
Nordstrom. Also Dillards. Since we have a Dillards close by, that's where I go to be fitted professionally. Like you, I recently lost a chunk of weight and had to buy all new undies and bras (yay!). I felt I needed to go back in and get fitted since I'm also older now and my boobs have changed shape a bit over the years. I needed to just start over.

Even within the same size, different bras fit differently, so my consultant looked at back width, shoulders, WHERE the boobs "start," whether they are full or not above the nipple, etc. I am glad I went to a professional for a fitting.

I ended up spending about $60 per bra for two really pretty (and functional) bras and then about $45 each for two less lacy but also very functional bras in a flesh tone, for wearing under linen or t-shirts, that sort of thing. I bought one pair of panties to go with one of the pretty bras but ONE PAIR was $27 so I went on down the road to WalMart and bought functional cotton panties in cute patterns for about $20 for 6 pairs! LOL And I hate WalMart but dang.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:37 AM

28,225 posts, read 36,694,357 times
I have different fit challenges than you do Rialese, but it is best to get fitted at a place with a wide array of bra sizes since they will likely fit you in your real size and point you in the right direction.

Victorias Secret and Macy’s aatempt to fit you in a size they carry. Last time I tried to get a bra at Macy’s, I tried a fitting to see what they would do. They picked out a band that was 4 inches too big. I pointed out the poor fit to the associate and she told me my size didn’t exist anyway. And there was no way I could wear that size (you know the kne I was wearing).

Also, learn about how a proper bra should fit, so you can avoid the misguided fitters.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:17 AM

2,001 posts, read 2,497,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Need to really find out what size I am these days. I haven't been sized in a LONG time. I've tried measuring myself and end up being disappointed when I purchase a bra.

I bought two bras in 34A recently and they're too tight and the cups are too small. However, the B cup is too large.

I think that I've now entered "specialty". Since I lift, I've noticed my back getting broader, but since the weight loss my boobs totally lost all of their fat and now it's just flesh

I need to get a properly fitting bra.

TIA.
macys, nordstrom, any other high end dept store

Old 06-06-2018, 10:34 AM

16,342 posts, read 12,294,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Definitely go with skin toned, not white. Women still seem to think that you should wear a white bra under white tops, and that's definitely not true.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:49 AM

28,225 posts, read 36,694,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Definitely go with skin toned, not white. Women still seem to think that you should wear a white bra under white tops, and that's definitely not true.
Yup and saying white bras is t inclusive anyway. I am dark brown so that doesn’t work out. For me the best choices to not show through are darker ones. Black and even purple can all work. Although I wear a lot of weird colored and patterned bras and it isn’t an issue with most shirts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty