U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 01:40 PM

247 posts, read 107,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
I donít wear any.

Me neither.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 03:16 PM

13,529 posts, read 7,229,374 times
I wear black with black/navy/dark brown...and beige with anything else - especially if I'm wearing white.

Old 07-04-2018, 04:22 PM

5,893 posts, read 3,345,838 times
I wore the "blandies" for years and still do when necessary. But I now have some pretty bright colors in bras and undies which I enjoy a lot. And who cares if blue bra strap briefly shows occasionally, especially if it coordinates with your top.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:00 PM

1,579 posts, read 1,522,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Do you wear colored undies? I stick to beige/nude, white, black, a few gray. I figure the name says it all under-wear. If something is meant to be worn under your clothes, you want it to blend, not stand out

I was looking at undies on sale, in ridiculous colors---including tomato red, purple, orange, etc. Such would show through all but the most dark clothing. Am I missing something here?
I only wear black underwear and if I can't find a cotton pair in that color then a very dark grey.

I never had any problems with my underwear being seen under my clothing, but then I mostly wear dark-colored clothes. The only light-colored clothes I wear are tops.

Old 07-04-2018, 06:03 PM

9,487 posts, read 15,091,119 times
Well, perhaps I'm missing something? the joys of colored underwear?

Let me make it clear, I do NOT wear sheer, see-through clothes But bright, dense-colored underwear can/does show through much regular clothing. I usually opt for sand/flesh/beige bras, as they blend the best with my skin coloring. Underpants can be just about any color if worn under jeans, which I live in! But I prefer beige colored panties for white or light colored pants, especially linen or light weight materials.

What prompted me to start this thread was chasing 4th of July sales for underwear. Expensive bras were advertised at half-price, but then I found the only ones on sale were deep colors, like red, purple, orange, etc. I do have two black and one gray bra for use with darker clothes. I guess I should have titled this thread "What color are Your Bras?" Oh, well, something to ponder on this holiday to take my mind off serious stuff, Happy Fourth, Everybody!

Old 07-04-2018, 07:04 PM

4,743 posts, read 8,470,371 times
White boxers with dress pants, else commando - so um, camo?

Old 07-04-2018, 10:41 PM

29,640 posts, read 32,030,911 times
Mostly neutral colors but I have one black and one purple. Nothing much shows under jeans so who cares.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:59 PM

1,426 posts, read 446,788 times
Last time someone asked me which color undies I was wearing, I was on the subway.

I wear lots of colors for outer clothing, so do the same with undergarments... basically I like matching. If in doubt, I go with beige, as it's my skin tone. Like someone else said, I just avoid white... you can see white underneath white garments & even though I don't gravitate towards sheer clothing, they're making fabrics awfully sheer these days.

Go to colors are beige & black, but I'm partial to pink, so yes, I do wear a myriad of colors, bright, deep, pastel & basic.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:23 AM

20,369 posts, read 25,561,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Well, perhaps I'm missing something? the joys of colored underwear?

Let me make it clear, I do NOT wear sheer, see-through clothes But bright, dense-colored underwear can/does show through much regular clothing. I usually opt for sand/flesh/beige bras, as they blend the best with my skin coloring. Underpants can be just about any color if worn under jeans, which I live in! But I prefer beige colored panties for white or light colored pants, especially linen or light weight materials.

What prompted me to start this thread was chasing 4th of July sales for underwear. Expensive bras were advertised at half-price, but then I found the only ones on sale were deep colors, like red, purple, orange, etc. I do have two black and one gray bra for use with darker clothes. I guess I should have titled this thread "What color are Your Bras?" Oh, well, something to ponder on this holiday to take my mind off serious stuff, Happy Fourth, Everybody!

Ah well bras is a whole other story, lol. Mine are pretty boring. I have beige, white and black.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:53 AM

1,634 posts, read 1,922,259 times
(Patriotic) blue Duluth Trading Posts' Buck Naked boxer briefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or