Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 01:26 PM

2,061 posts, read 2,361,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Lane Bryant and Macys. I'm plus sized, so it's slim pickins.
Me too but my local Dillards has a great selection of plus sized clothes so that would be my first choice - the local Macys is horrible. For my second choice, I'd have to do some internet research and find an online source with designer plus sizes although Ann Taylor or Talbots might do. Or move to a larger city with better selection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 02:09 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,703,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ2015 View Post
Me too but my local Dillards has a great selection of plus sized clothes so that would be my first choice - the local Macys is horrible. For my second choice, I'd have to do some internet research and find an online source with designer plus sizes although Ann Taylor or Talbots might do. Or move to a larger city with better selection.
You can go fancy with 11 Honore. Or maybe stick with Marina Rinaldi

Old 07-06-2018, 02:45 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,946,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
...TWO STORES for the next five years, what stores would you choose? STORES - not a designer.

Which and why? to sweeten the pot - you have $300 per day to spend. This does NOT include shoes. You may shop seven days a week.
So, you're assuming that we women are all compulsive shoppers?

The thought of buying all that stuff makes me shudder. I'd donate it to a homeless shelter, and they could pick whatever two stores they want.

Old 07-06-2018, 03:10 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,498,679 times
Anthropologie si amazon.com for me

Old 07-06-2018, 03:34 PM

13,256 posts, read 8,336,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I love these threads just because of how goofy people get, and I like to try and guess how many posts until someone says they want to spend their $$$ on clothes at home depot. I guess they really like overalls and work pants.

And yes, all the posters coming up with qualifiers or getting angry about the rules! Its supposed to be a fun little fantasy game... Not a time to show how pious you are by giving all your pretend money and clothes to the poor.

I feel like we've had this thread recently, and I'm probably giving the same answer, but...

Nordstrom
Wherever Kate Middleton buys her coats ( hopefully some cost $300 or under)
I enjoy participating in the whimsical as well. What gives though in the pious remark?

Old 07-06-2018, 05:49 PM

14,653 posts, read 14,744,750 times
Quote:
I love these threads just because of how goofy people get, and I like to try and guess how many posts until someone says they want to spend their $$$ on clothes at home depot. I guess they really like overalls and work pants.........

Well guess no more about how many posts it takes to get to the work pants. I won't shop at Home Depot (nor will I wear overalls) but being an outdoors working girl and year round gardener I do love me some good outdoor casual and heavy duty outdoor work clothes. So under the conditions of this thread, here in Canada the two stores I'd shop at are The Bay and Mark's. The Bay would be for classy luxury clothes as well as practical but luxurious winter clothes and furs. Mark's for all other types of good quality, sturdy, practical outdoor work clothes. I don't know if you have Mark's in the states. https://www.marks.com/en/home-page.html

Old 07-06-2018, 06:16 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,072,561 times
Amazon is for the clothes.

Costco is for...Costco.

Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,198,021 times
Whole Foods. And probably some obscure antique/thrift/vintage clothing store.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:22 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,643,379 times
Quote:
So is there a secret clothing line at Home Depot that I'm missing, or are their paint clothes just that good that people fantasize about owning thousands of dollars worth of white coveralls?

Just curious since every time this type of thread comes up, there are always a few people who choose Home Depot. Nothing against HD! I might choose it too if the game was about buying light fixtures or appliances, but for clothing? It would never even cross my mind as a chocie...

No. I think they are just nasty trolls.

My wife loves clothes, but she likes to try them on before she purchases them. She really likes me to go with her when she shops. She's a professional and likes to look good. We have three sons, but only one daughter in-law lives near by, and she is not very interested in shopping.

The other two are similar to my wife.

I can only guess, by the stores I spend the most time in.

It would be Dillard's and Chico's. I really don't like Chico's. I am not sure if it is the clothes or the absence of a good husband waiting area.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:39 PM

5,125 posts, read 4,446,918 times
$300/day would be some really nice shopping.

Bloomingdale's
Bergdorf Goodman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty