U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 08:52 PM

14,975 posts, read 8,543,320 times

Advertisements

The hate against cargo shorts started with a newspaper article, and a lot of self anointed fashionistas jumped on the 'hate cargo shorts' bandwagon like the rest of the sheeple.

Cargo shorts are still a big seller in the U.S., and many people do like them, not only those that wear them, but others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4BZHrGJBtw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 08:56 PM

1,328 posts, read 701,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
No matter where I look it seems I can no longer find loose-fitting cargo shorts that are long enough to sit below the knee. I have a few pairs of Wrangler shorts that are wearing out and I can't find suitable replacements. The newest version (same exact style) I've found is shorter by a couple inches.

I've tried the Wrangler site, Target, Walmart, JC Penny, Amazon, etc, with no luck. Is the style now just tighter and above the knee? Am I out of fashion?

No they are not out of style. I think the stores you listed are probably more geared more towards that "bumpkin" look. Above the knee cargo's? OMG, horrible!

Old 07-17-2018, 09:01 PM

1,328 posts, read 701,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The hate against cargo shorts started with a newspaper article, and a lot of self anointed fashionistas jumped on the 'hate cargo shorts' bandwagon like the rest of the sheeple.

Cargo shorts are still a big seller in the U.S., and many people do like them, not only those that wear them, but others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4BZHrGJBtw

Didn't watch the whole thing but perfect length at 2:00 mark!

Old 07-17-2018, 09:03 PM

6,119 posts, read 3,059,598 times
I have a couple of pairs of below the knee shorts. Love them. So many pockets - problem is I stuff them and need two belts to hold them up. I don't want the "see my underwear" look.

Old 07-17-2018, 09:52 PM

726 posts, read 350,983 times
You're right, they're just out of style now, but as usual, people are acting like it's common sense that they're ugly and they've always been seen that way. *eye roll*

Old 07-17-2018, 11:53 PM

7,405 posts, read 7,363,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullArmor View Post
While I care about the look, comfort is higher on the list. I like cool loose fitting clothes in the summertime. The shorts I wear now are just a hair below the knee. Not the extra long ones that look silly. The picture I posted was only an example.
Cargos below the knee knock 31 points off one’s perceived IQ. Be guided accordingly. Tragic look. Be comfortable some other way, these are now considered offensive and triggering.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:07 AM

2,917 posts, read 1,188,052 times
I myself am going for a 9 to 10 inch, flat front shorts, in a light fabric. Colombia brand has you covered. High Tech fabric is the thing now.

As for the requested, Levis still makes those below the knee, cargo shorts. JCPenny or the Factory outlet stores should carry them in many colors. Marshalls or Century21 as well. I stopped wearing them, since they are heavy and make my jewels melt on hot summer days!

Old 07-18-2018, 02:30 AM

17,572 posts, read 21,756,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
Just the other day I was sitting in my car and two men were walking through the parking lot. One man had baggy shorts that were a few inches below his knees. I realized that it was a very unflattering length. I've noticed a similar issue with capris and cropped pants on women (depending on many factors- height, weight, body shape, length of pants), but I was surprised that men could be victim to the same phenomenon.

This site has a bunch of knee-length cargo shorts which look good IMO

https://www.ae.com/men-cargo-shorts/...tId=cat5180435

Yes! They are the male version of capris. I have never seen anyone flattered by either.

Knee length are not as bad. But, I still don't like cargos (men) or capris (women).

Old 07-18-2018, 08:15 AM

19,273 posts, read 20,155,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't help you with your search, but my first thought upon reading the thread title was, "God, I hope so..."
Nailed it.

Ugliest “fashion” trend since tongue piercings.

Old 07-18-2018, 08:39 AM

9,309 posts, read 11,148,519 times
Cargo shorts can hold everything a guy wants.......except a girlfriend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty