U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2018, 06:01 PM

369 posts, read 189,296 times

Advertisements

No matter where I look it seems I can no longer find loose-fitting cargo shorts that are long enough to sit below the knee. I have a few pairs of Wrangler shorts that are wearing out and I can't find suitable replacements. The newest version (same exact style) I've found is shorter by a couple inches.

I've tried the Wrangler site, Target, Walmart, JC Penny, Amazon, etc, with no luck. Is the style now just tighter and above the knee? Am I out of fashion?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 06:10 PM

4,088 posts, read 1,712,748 times
Are you talking "jorts" as in jean shorts? I hear Wrangler that's what I think of first...

But anyway yes, super long "shorts" or "manpris" (man capris) aren't fashionable.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:13 PM

21,461 posts, read 22,692,102 times
I can't help you with your search, but my first thought upon reading the thread title was, "God, I hope so..."

Old 07-16-2018, 06:14 PM

14,960 posts, read 8,529,518 times
Short length is always one of those clothing things that get debated.

The 'in' thing now seems to be shorts that rest right above the knee.

I personally like cargo (gasp, the horror ) shorts that go slightly below my knee. Sometimes I may go a few waist sizes bigger to get a longer inseam.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Are you talking "jorts" as in jean shorts? I hear Wrangler that's what I think of first...

But anyway yes, super long "shorts" or "manpris" (man capris) aren't fashionable.

Not just no, helll no... lol. No jean material and only slightly below the knee. Example below.
Attached Thumbnails
Are below the knee cargo shorts dead?-cargo.jpg  

Old 07-16-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I can't help you with your search, but my first thought upon reading the thread title was, "God, I hope so..."

I like them for hiking and biking and as casual wear. I'm not trying to impress anyone and could care less if others think I'm out of style. I like to be comfortable, and when I was younger the only people who wore shorts above the knee were the same guys that wore socks with their sandals. :P

Old 07-16-2018, 07:19 PM

7,950 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Agreed! They're horribly unflattering. I've never seen a single body shape that they look even slightly flattering on. Add on the fact that people end up putting everything including the kitchen sink in those pockets, which makes it look even worse.

Blech.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:41 PM
Status: "I used to have a lead foot, but now it's aluminum." (set 12 days ago)

5,296 posts, read 3,672,327 times
I just bought a pair recently at Walmart of all places. I wanted a below the knee cut because I hate to exose that part where my prosthetic leg and all the "socks" I wear to knee the leg snug meet near the knee.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:20 PM

2,031 posts, read 1,505,539 times
I recently purchased a pair of shorts at Kohl's. They are cargo-esque style, hitting just below the knee, but they are slightly form fitting (not tight). I think they are much better looking than the overly baggy style and are still very comfortable. Check them out!

Old 07-16-2018, 11:45 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
I'm in the minority, but I don't mind khaki cargo shorts on guys...the longer-than-knee length, though, is not a great look, IMO, and nor is super baggy.

I'm married to a military member, though, who is diehard on cargo pockets, overall, and appreciates the working uniform-like usefulness and practicality. So he's not likely to give them up, and he gives no craps about fashion, so no qualms about being out of style. His tend to hit right at the knee.

I don't clothes shop for him. AFAIK, the bulk of his cargo shorts come from places like Bass Pro/Cabela's, Costco, and sometimes Kohls. But, he is definitely function over fashion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty