U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 06:37 AM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times

Advertisements

Crocs, Uggs and ill fitting clothing. People who feel they must wear whatever is "in" at the moment regardless of whether it looks good on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 06:41 AM

4,093 posts, read 1,712,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Sandals or underwear?
Bwahahahahah I thought the same thing.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:55 AM

983 posts, read 396,508 times
+1 for Bushy beards (yuck)

I don't like that nylons/pantyhose/knee-highs/stockings are now considered dated, i.e. the expectation for women's shoes (including heels and other dress shoes) is that they are worn barefoot. It is too cold in my office to be walking around with no socks or sock-equivalents, and most dress shoes are not comfortable enough or actually designed to be worn barefoot unless you like blisters. Unfortunately, the "no-show" nylons/socks are never truly no-show - I've unsuccessfully tried a few pairs of those and they are not completely hidden by the shoe, which looks worse than either of the other alternatives.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:05 AM

4,077 posts, read 4,046,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rOYS123 View Post
.There is no good reason to wear uncomfortable clothing, ever. Unless you are in dire poverty, or are horribly distressed (e.g. Stuck on a desert island), consciously wearing clothing that doesn't feel good to wear prevents you from being at your 100% in a completely avoidable way.

.Long-lasting clothing is not a “luxury”. Spending more money on goods that will survive the test of time is a wise financial decision because you'll spend less on clothes in the long run, and it is a wise environmental decision because less garments will go to waste.

.I automatically view anybody who wears knock-offs of designer goods to be of poor character. If you had respect for the brand, you'd pay for the real thing. If you can't afford to pay for the real thing, what makes you think wearing a copy isn't a form of stealing?

.What you wear really does say everything about you. Any wisdom about “not judging a book by its cover” sounds good in theory, but surface observations about one’s apparel choices are often very insightful.
Wow, sounds like you're campaigning for Most Judgemental Post of the Year!

Are you talking about things like a purse that says "Louise Vitton" that was purchased out of the trunk of someone's car? Or a $100 dress purchased at Macy's that has some elements similar to one costing thousands on Rodeo Drive?

Old 07-20-2018, 07:46 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,487,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Trying to dress up leggings or athleisure is dumb. Leave your heels at home and stick with casual shoes please. Maybe some wedges. Definitely not pumps or stilettos.

I like this one. Otherwise...it kind of looks like the person is trying to look like a hooker. lol But hey...if that's the look they're going for...ok.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:49 AM

2,960 posts, read 4,686,929 times
lots of posts in here dont seem to fit what i would expect from the topic of the thread - it seems to just be a list of things people don't like regarding clothing.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiLingo View Post
Any ill-fitting/immodest attire that does not cover the essentials: thighs, breast, buttocks, tight-clothing, see-through, spaghetti straps, visible underwear, are ewww. Exposing the extremities to cold has long-term health concerns unbeknownst to some, as we grow older.

Yesterday, while I was on my break, I saw a guy who had his shirt tucked into his underwear. I could tell, because he was sitting down, which pulled his pants down a little, and lo...shirt tucked into underwear.

There...another piece of unpopular fashion advice. LOL

Old 07-20-2018, 07:55 AM

983 posts, read 396,508 times
Also not a fan of white fingernail polish, which seems to have become much more popular recently.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It's completely fine for baby and toddler boys (and, older, but any older, and it's more their decision than parental) to have long hair.

I've always liked a beautiful head of hair, and I've always felt that if you have it, flaunt it. :-)

I just recently found out I have a second cousin who's a bassist in a heavy metal thrasher-type band. He's got glorious red hair that goes way past his shoulders. I love it. lol

Old 07-20-2018, 09:21 AM

1,688 posts, read 2,778,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioFalcone View Post
can be anything

i will start

plain white shirts are fine

Daisy Dukes are appropriate as formal wear.

SS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or