U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 09:38 AM

3,045 posts, read 2,883,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Leggings....on anyone over 20.......and be at correct BMI
I will NEVER forget, back in the mid 90s my organization hired a new director. At her very first staff meeting, she walked in with a black garbage bag of what she described as "clothing that you should be embarrassed for even your mother to see you in). He pulled out a pair of black leggings and stated loudly, "most of the women who wear these to the office shouldn't even be wearing them in the privacy of their own homes, do I need to tell you who you are?!!" What an introduction, I laughed my butt off but could not agree more. She went on to do other highly inappropriate things. Back in the day when jobs were still posted in newspapers, she would leave an employment page on someone's desk with a job highlighted in yellow and stickee saying, "something you might want to look into". She was a hoot, and hated by many but, I still agree with her fashion sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 09:47 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,490,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I will NEVER forget, back in the mid 90s my organization hired a new director. At her very first staff meeting, she walked in with a black garbage bag of what she described as "clothing that you should be embarrassed for even your mother to see you in). He pulled out a pair of black leggings and stated loudly, "most of the women who wear these to the office shouldn't even be wearing them in the privacy of their own homes, do I need to tell you who you are?!!" What an introduction, I laughed my butt off but could not agree more. She went on to do other highly inappropriate things. Back in the day when jobs were still posted in newspapers, she would leave an employment page on someone's desk with a job highlighted in yellow and stickee saying, "something you might want to look into". She was a hoot, and hated by many but, I still agree with her fashion sense.

Hmmmm...wasn't Transamerica, was it? We had a similar thing where I used to work, way back in the 90's.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:10 AM

726 posts, read 354,750 times
Apparently my unpopular opinion is that almost anyone looks fine in leggings, as long as they are thick, quality, and your top is long enough.

I also think yoga pants are fine in public, casual places...Starbucks, Target, Grocery store, and like leggings...as long as they are thick and nice and you cover things appropriately, most women look fine in them.

Obese people can wear whatever they feel good in. They are allowed to go out in public no matter what the judgy people wish.

Uggs are the absolute best hockey mom shoes on earth. I will continue to love them.

What other people wear is none of my business and I truly don’t care or judge...but things *I* won’t wear or buy

Leggings without covering my butt
Super Short dresses
Stilettos with jeans
Athletic shoes with jeans
Sweatpants
Heels (except for wedges or thicker heels on boots) unless it’s a dressy occasion
Sandals without taking care of my feet

I will not dress my sons in

Sleeveless shirts

I don’t like cargo shorts on grown men so I won’t buy them for my husband or teenager

Old 07-20-2018, 10:23 AM

4,840 posts, read 2,145,909 times
Cover the cracks , bumps and lumps.

It's unpopular I suppose yet I prefer classy ,demure and discrete styles vs the show and tell.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:24 AM

4,099 posts, read 3,388,567 times
Yes, I have to say that this is the epitome of my unpopular fashion opinion, more or less...mostly more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post
Apparently my unpopular opinion is that almost anyone looks fine in leggings, as long as they are thick, quality, and your top is long enough.

I also think yoga pants are fine in public, casual places...Starbucks, Target, Grocery store, and like leggings...as long as they are thick and nice and you cover things appropriately, most women look fine in them.

Obese people can wear whatever they feel good in. They are allowed to go out in public no matter what the judgy people wish.

Uggs are the absolute best hockey mom shoes on earth. I will continue to love them.

What other people wear is none of my business and I truly donít care or judge...but things *I* wonít wear or buy

Super Short dresses
Stilettos with jeans
Sweatpants
Heels (except for wedges or thicker heels on boots) unless itís a dressy occasion

Old 07-20-2018, 10:27 AM

4,570 posts, read 1,141,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
I don't get the point of these. Seems to me a main job of an undershirt is to absorb underarm perspiration before it gets to your real shirt. And these would fail miserably at that.
Honestly, there is no point to it. They’re worthless.

I used to wear them growing up until I realized how hot it made you. Even if one is wearing a long sleep button down, they can simply wear a white plane t-shirt or v-neck under it

They’re too tight and uncomfortable for leisure around the house attire as well.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:27 AM

4,099 posts, read 3,388,567 times
Well, I have to say this is the epitome of my 1 unpopular opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL74 View Post

What other people wear is none of my business and I truly donít care or judge...but things *I* wonít wear or buy

Super Short dresses
Stilettos with jeans
Sweatpants
Heels (except for wedges or thicker heels on boots) unless itís a dressy occasion

I will not dress my sons in

Sleeveless shirts

I donít like cargo shorts on grown men so I wonít buy them for my husband or teenager

Old 07-20-2018, 10:28 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,698,975 times
I guess my unpopular opinion is that the demand to be completely hairless from the neck down (for both women and men) is a pain in the butt (sometimes literally.) Do whatever grooming you want and take care of your hygiene, but beyond that no one should feel like have to be waxed smooth at all times in order to be socially acceptable.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:37 AM

20,344 posts, read 20,421,819 times
I have no use for the rule; "first socks, then shoes", I refuse to be a lemming

Old 07-20-2018, 10:43 AM

1,333 posts, read 635,498 times
I dislike high heeled shoes with jeans, cold shoulder tops, super long (natural or not) fingernails, especially those with gemstones and glitter. Low rise jeans if the wearer has muffin top. I'll be back if (when?) I think of more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or