U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 03:41 PM

19,243 posts, read 12,718,321 times

Advertisements

I disagree about properly fitting underwear always being comfortable. If you have a large bra size, you can count on never being completely comfortable. I do not wear an enormous size, but I have problems with this. I can't imagine what someone who wears an E or EE cup goes through to find a bra.

I was "fitted" at Macy's a few months ago and the fitter assured me I measured a size down from what I usually buy. The bras are good quality, but they are simply too tight for comfort. I will buy my old size from now on; I am talking bra size, not cup size here.

Even if I go up one size though, the bra will not be utterly comfortable. They never are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2018, 03:29 PM

51,956 posts, read 51,088,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I disagree about properly fitting underwear always being comfortable. If you have a large bra size, you can count on never being completely comfortable. I do not wear an enormous size, but I have problems with this. I can't imagine what someone who wears an E or EE cup goes through to find a bra.

I was "fitted" at Macy's a few months ago and the fitter assured me I measured a size down from what I usually buy. The bras are good quality, but they are simply too tight for comfort. I will buy my old size from now on; I am talking bra size, not cup size here.

Even if I go up one size though, the bra will not be utterly comfortable. They never are.
I have one that is pretty comfortable. I am not a large bra size, though, and this bra has seamless stretchy cups and no underwire, so it flattens my boobs and my chest looks like a 13-year-old's when I wear it. Therefore, I only use it under baggy sweatshirts or big loose shirts when I want to be comfortable running in and out of the house and maybe going to the grocery store or to the gym.

Old 11-22-2018, 04:23 PM

2,487 posts, read 4,475,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly-Kay View Post
Wacoal hi cut panties and Wacoal bras. They fit beautifully and I have no patience for shopping sales so I get what I need when I need it. Iím always a happy camper when a sale coincides with my needs.
I found Wacoal bras a few years ago and since then I won't buy any other brand. They fit like a dream.

One of the styles I like disappeared from their store a few years ago, but I found it on their website. Also. eBay often has "new with tags" Wacoal items, probably that a reseller purchased when there were too few of a particular style left to sell to stores.

Old 11-22-2018, 05:51 PM

2,459 posts, read 1,827,837 times
Jockeys are the BEST brand I've come across and last a long time too. Bali is one of the BEST bra brands and come in a variety of styles that will fit your taste.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:24 PM

2,225 posts, read 1,259,721 times
I like the seamless ones pictured by ShayLove, too.

And I disagree about the size thing. Joe Boxer's underwear should be the right size (meaning that it fits in the waist and the overall room), but the bands cut into my inner thigh. If I got up a size, it's too loose around the waist. I'm not overweight and my thighs are not crazy big or anything. I think it's a bad cut, but I keep forgetting and seeing them on sale for cheap and getting a package every so often. Duh.

Obviously, I'm not an underwear snob at all.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:39 AM

2,772 posts, read 1,011,563 times
I have about one choice in bras because I insist on a front hook and then I have a large band size with a small cup. Good luck - most of my searches show one Bali bra and it's the one I wear. It's reasonably comfortable, and it does fit, but it's less durable and lasts less time each time I buy a new one. Terrible pilling, too.

Old Yesterday, 10:40 AM

1,227 posts, read 721,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

This is 100% true. I get fitted at Nordstrom's and buy quality bras that are 100% the correct size...but bras are never truly comfortable. I have an F/G cup, however....and wear a 4/6 in jeans. My spine hates me...but a future reduction should help.

As for underwear...I love the brand Hanky Panky. I'm a thong person, but they do make bikinis. Full price, some may find them too expensive, but Nordstrom Rack carries them for much cheaper.

Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM

76 posts, read 22,295 times
I usually go to big department stores like bell, jcpenny, etc to buy underwear in bulk and usually the boring bikini kind. My most comfortable underwear are ones that I have had now for who knows how long. Lol they have holes, rips, and are stretch out, etc. I should probably throw them out but I know I won’t.

Old Today, 07:42 AM

339 posts, read 95,951 times
I don't like Jockey's. Too pricey and it's the only underwear I own that gets holes and falls apart around the elastic. Cheaper brands like Fruit of the Loom and Hanes from Target or Walmart doesn't do that.

I like Fruit of the Loom panties the most.

Walmart carries a simple cotton pull-on bra "3 in one pack" for $10 which I love. They work for 90% of my use. I don't wear these if I have on a flimsy top where show-through is an issue nor do I wear them for professional/business wear. In those cases I wear a stretch bra with light padding in the cups to prevent show through. One favorite is by Bali; another favorite is by Fundamentals (sold in Sears but I think you can find probably find it online). Neither of these bras have underwires. I'm done with underwires. DONE. Think about it. The underwire does absolutely nothing to hold up the breasts and adds cost to the bra. The support is really all in the fabric and the straps.

Old Today, 09:42 AM

11,201 posts, read 6,702,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
Neither of these bras have underwires. I'm done with underwires. DONE. Think about it. The underwire does absolutely nothing to hold up the breasts and adds cost to the bra. The support is really all in the fabric and the straps.
No, your bra's support comes from the band. If your straps are what is keeping everything up, then your band is too big. You shouldn't have indents in your shoulders from your bra straps, nor should it cause shoulder pain. This is also a sign that your bra is an improper fit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty