Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:51 AM

13,703 posts, read 12,413,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
My b/f likes me to wear it up. He likes to see my ears and the nape of my neck. Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I think many folk like nice necks and not enough attention given to them. Katy and Meghan rock the look.
Its an overlooked aspect of the physique. And, people would do well to keep it in mind when they think of how they dress, etc, men and women alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 10:03 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
So I just had a conversation with a female friend of mine (I am female also). I explained to her that lately I'd been wearing my hair in a low ponytail, and as such men don't notice me. I shared with her that I put my hair up in a high bun for the first time yesterday and men started noticing me. She informed me that it is well-established that men don't like women with buns. That it's all over the internet and even the men in her office say how they don't like buns on women. I told her I have never heard from men in my life that they don't like hair buns on women. I hear woman say they don't like man buns, but I never have heard a man say that he doesn't like buns on women.

Not only did men started checking me out since I put my hair up in this way, they were more polite to me and opened doors for me. For some reason this hair change made me stand out whereas it seems men didn't notice me at all with a simple low ponytail.

So, I'd like to hear from the men here. Do you have any thoughts on this? Do you find hair buns on women particularly unattractive? Now I am curious.

ETA: Buns seem to be a big trend now, and I see a lot of styles that I think are pretty.
OP, judging by who posts the more controversial opinions on C-D's Relationships forum, the "all over the internet" opinions come from teen-age and 20-somethingn miserable misfit guys. Your friend seems naive, if she considers internet chatter to be in any way authoritative.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:07 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Woman here but still think my opinion qualifies .... LOW ponytails are not very attractive IMO - they kinda look sloppy. I mostly see those low tails on women working in their yard or wearing hippie stuff. A woman who takes pride in her appearance usually wears it up, not low.

I heard a man say before that young women put their tail up and old women wear it low, because they don't care anymore, haha.

Question, do we only compare low ponytails to buns or also wearing hair without anything? IMO men find it most sexy and feminine if a hair just flows naturally.

However, I noticed men look at me more if I wear a ponytail and a ball cap. No idea why. I don't even have a good hat face.
Im a dude and I totally agree with this.

Low ponytails just kinda say "old", "tired", "Matronly", and "I dont really care". They also dont really look good. But higher ponytails that stick out of the back of baseball type caps will draw more attention. Buns look good, but you'll have to have the longer thinner neck line (and pretty face) for it to work.

For me, constantly being around dancers, athletes, gymnasts, etc. who more often than not wear their hair in "ballerina buns", its not the bun/hairstyle itself that attracts me, its the style, they way she moves and of course her body that attracts me.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:23 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
I have a TON of hair and put it up in a bun (mah struggle bun, as I call it... I struggle to keep it all within the hair elastic without breaking the elastic!)

I like big buns and I cannot lie.

A server in a restaurant told me that my bun was "on point" a few weeks ago... along with my lipstick, so I feel okay about everything in the world, to be honest.

You should wear your hair however feels comfortable to you. And be confident about it. That's what is attractive.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:57 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Well, after watching Star Wars a few dozen times, I noticed I bought quite a few cinnamon buns...Just like Leia's hair reminded me of them....

But in actuality, I get kind of amazed at the styling of women's hair and how long they had to sit for that. I barely tolerate 30 min in a barber chair.

Old 07-27-2018, 02:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Well, after watching Star Wars a few dozen times, I noticed I bought quite a few cinnamon buns...Just like Leia's hair reminded me of them....

But in actuality, I get kind of amazed at the styling of women's hair and how long they had to sit for that. I barely tolerate 30 min in a barber chair.
I can put my hair in a bun or updo in about 30 seconds. Twirl it, twist it, put it up, pin it, and out the door I go.
Naturally more intricate styling is going to take more time

Old 07-27-2018, 03:59 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Im a dude and I totally agree with this.

Low ponytails just kinda say "old", "tired", "Matronly", and "I dont really care". They also dont really look good.
But higher ponytails that stick out of the back of baseball type caps will draw more attention. Buns look good, but you'll have to have the longer thinner neck line (and pretty face) for it to work.

For me, constantly being around dancers, athletes, gymnasts, etc. who more often than not wear their hair in "ballerina buns", its not the bun/hairstyle itself that attracts me, its the style, they way she moves and of course her body that attracts me.

https://goo.gl/images/yxxzr9

https://goo.gl/images/Mf2J81

https://goo.gl/images/i9k21r

https://goo.gl/images/3XJREe

Old 07-27-2018, 04:52 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,736 times
Okay, so I am only on page 2 and here's my question...are we talking about a bun hairstyle or a French Twist? Maybe today they are considered one and the same but...I still want to know either way, please?

Old 07-27-2018, 04:56 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
Bun or not, just be ready on time!

Old 07-27-2018, 05:19 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Bun or not, just be ready on time!
I am always ready on time.... my time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty