Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 05:55 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
Block heels are OK but not my favorite. I just don't like the chunkiness/clunkiness of the look of them.

Actually I find basic tapered heels -- like those on 2 -- to 2-1/2 -- to 3" pumps very stable.
MORE stable than a 1" kitten heel. Go figure.

So it's not the height that's the issue.

If I'm not in flats -- or some kind low clog/mule -- and I am 99.9999% of the time, then my go-to business work show is the classic 2-3" heel pump. (And that's only when job interviewing of for church every 20 years. For all intents and purposes I suppose I could say I don't wear heels.)

Now, why a 3" pump with a tapered heel would feel more steady than a 1" kitten heel, I can't figure.
Yikes, yeah I don't blame you, I clicked that first link. Those are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Just wear flats, at least those are cute, big blocky heels are absolutely hideous. If you're going to put up with the annoyance of a heel, shouldn't it at least be somewhat sexy?! Not completely hideously ugly? I would think so, at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 06:38 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Yikes, yeah I don't blame you, I clicked that first link. Those are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Just wear flats, at least those are cute, big blocky heels are absolutely hideous. If you're going to put up with the annoyance of a heel, shouldn't it at least be somewhat sexy?! Not completely hideously ugly? I would think so, at least.
And how much time do you spend in heels Jonathan?

IMO, men should refrain from telling women what heels they should or should not wear, unless they wear them as frequently as we do. If you don't know what it's like to spend an entire day in heels, you might want to refrain from chiming in.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:54 AM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
1) From just the post we don't even know that Jonathan IS INDEED a man. A user name means nothing.

2) You really took that post and his comments to be worthy of your condescending response? That's rhetorical. Because apparently you did.

3) Any poster here is entitled to give their opinion or comment on any topic. Just as you are. I suppose (if you're a female) you have never commented on questions about any men's issues here.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
1) From just the post we don't even know that Jonathan IS INDEED a man. A user name means nothing.
From his other posts, we know that Jonathan is a man (unless by saying he's not a gay guy and isn't attracted to men means that he's a lesbian. I guess that's possible, but I doubt it)

Quote:
3) Any poster here is entitled to give their opinion or comment on any topic. Just as you are. I suppose (if you're a female) you have never commented on questions about any men's issues here.
There's a difference between giving an opinion (i.e. "I prefer the look of kitten heels to chunky heels") and telling others what they should do without any real knowledge of what that entails.

Old 07-31-2018, 03:12 PM

10,612 posts, read 12,129,422 times
Apparently you were more offended or perturbed by his comments than I was. Did you take his comments personally?

Exactly what was so riling about his comments that you responded, "men should refrain from telling women what heels they should or should not wear, unless they wear them as frequently as we do. If you don't know what it's like to spend an entire day in heels, you might want to refrain from chiming in."

Other than the passing suggestion, "just wear flats," the rest of his comments I see as opinion. Did you think the comment was condescending in some way? Is he taking the brunt for other comments men have made about women's fashions you thought were uninformed?

Obviously your response is your response and you're entitled to it.
I'm just curious about why you responded the way you did. Why am I curious? Because I thought it was over the top. And I'm always curious about why people respond when I think that. That's all.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Obviously your response is your response and you're entitled to it.

Yup. Which is why I'm not going to debate it further.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:20 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
I don't like to wear kitten heels, either.

The heel is too tiny, so it leaves me feeling unsteady. Also, I never feel like my feet are firmly inside of the shoe as I walk. They always feel like they're about to come off. Whereas with other shoes, whether they're high heels or flat, I feel stable and comfortable.

Kitten heels make me feel like the heels are either about to break, or the shoes are about to come off my feet and make me fall. I hate them.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:24 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
I prefer a little more heel. I find 2-3 inch heels work best for me. I am most stable in pumps but if I go higher than 3 inches which is super rare I need a chunky heel or I will fall on my face, lol. I also prefer the heel go straight down from my heel otherwise I wobble. I also need a strap or at least support in the back so no slip ons for me. OK...seems I am kind of picky about shoes, lol. No to kitten heels
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty