U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2018, 03:41 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,328,079 times

Advertisements

While I have a lot of pique polos, I have been adding more interlock polos to my collection. I wonder though, since fall is coming, I was wondering, does anyone think interlock polos are appropriate for fall, or should they be spring-only? Interlock is the soft cotton knit, somewhat like a double jersey knit. It is typically the preferred knit for pima cotton polos since the soft texture of interlock lends well to the softness of the pima cotton.

It seems that most of my interlock polos are in spring colors such as pink, light green, salmon, and turquoise, although I also have a red one that can be considered a year-round color.

Note that I am not looking for brand suggestions, but your opinion on whether or not do you think interlock polos are appropriate for fall. I know Lands' End has some long sleeve interlock polos, although they can be used as a spring polo in cold climates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 05:01 PM

9,182 posts, read 7,232,167 times
I wonder if your problem is really what to wear and when to wear it, or is it that you have too much concern for what others may think?
If you are comfortable in the interlock polos, why would you care what some nameless/faceless "fashionista" has to say? I say dress for YOUR comfort and likes and don't worry about what others think. The same goes for color. Just be sure to wear light colors at night for better visibility.

Personally I never wear polos, but if you like them, go for it.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:14 PM

8,172 posts, read 4,046,955 times
I grab my phone and pull up the weather app, and pick my outfit based on how warm or cool I need my clothing to make me. I don't really give much thought to "appropriateness" of fabrics beyod the obvious ones (wool and velvet are too heavy for summer, for example). I don't analyze the types of knit.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:40 PM

The thing is thay my favorite brand only includes interlock polos in their Spring collections.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:56 PM

19,363 posts, read 12,787,277 times
Well, I buy interlock knit tees for fall and winter. If they are offered for fall, why not buy if you want them?

Pique knits seem more casual, and interlock knits seem more refined to me. I would think that an interlock knit would look better than pique under a jacket.

Old 07-28-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Well, I buy interlock knit tees for fall and winter. If they are offered for fall, why not buy if you want them?

Pique knits seem more casual, and interlock knits seem more refined to me. I would think that an interlock knit would look better than pique under a jacket.
Most of my pique knit polos are hybrid pique/performance polos, with the casual look of a pique polo but with the desirable properties of a performance polo (moisture wicking, UPF-15 sun protection, and better wrinkle resistance).

The thing is, IZOD seems to think interlock polos are for spring. I'm not sure if I should agree with them 100%, but considering that my interlock polos are mostly in spring colors, it just seems to feel that way. My pink interlock polos make me feel like a spring fairy with their soft appearance combined with their pink color.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-30-2018 at 01:49 PM.. Reason: Off-topic.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:09 PM

8,322 posts, read 7,601,651 times
Maybe you should try something other than a polo?

Just a thought.

Old 07-28-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Maybe you should try something other than a polo?

Just a thought.
Not all my shirts are polos. I have some nice T-shirts from IZOD and Polo Ralph Lauren, as well as several button-down shirts that I wear on more special occasions.

Old 07-29-2018, 08:23 AM

5,034 posts, read 4,324,888 times
What in the world? Wear what you are comfortable in according to the weather and personal preference. Honestly, I don't know a single human in my entire life that has worried about whether a color was appropriate for a particular time of year, or who even knew the difference between pique or interlock. You may have spent too much time pondering your Land's End and LL Bean catalogs.

If it has a snowman or a Christmas tree on it, don't wear it in the summer. That's my advice.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:46 AM

73,573 posts, read 65,266,085 times
I wouldn't notice, OP. Turquoise is good for fall; think of it as "light teal". Get one in navy; hard to go wrong with navy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty