Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 02:05 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,240,136 times

Advertisements

If they are not coming out with washing, then they will not come out. Did you try laundry detergent? Your foot is covering them while you're wearing them and when you're not, no one is inspecting your shoes. Buy removable insoles if it bothers you that much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2018, 10:04 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,057,468 times
Removable insoles don't work with sandals, though and if they're laying around the house other people do see them.
I know, I know, put'em away!

Old 08-06-2018, 03:40 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,172,283 times
1) Wear socks, that's what they are for.
2) Who cares? they are INSIDE the shoes.

Old 08-06-2018, 05:05 PM

15,110 posts, read 27,571,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Removable insoles don't work with sandals, though and if they're laying around the house other people do see them.
I know, I know, put'em away!
She said shoes - not sandals........

Old 08-06-2018, 05:53 PM

6,066 posts, read 14,994,784 times
This wouldn't work for sandals, but for sneakers, flats, and other slip-ons you can use disposable maxi pads. Find a type without wings (or cut the wings off) and line your shoes with them. Find a size that is about the same size as your shoe, or cut them to size if you buy the really long ones. They soak up the sweat from your feet. Then toss them at the end of the day or when you are done wearing them that day.

Also keep wipes with you and periodically throughout the day wipe out your shoes and your feet. Alcohol-based wipes work great for this.

I store my shoes with a mixture of baking soda, salt, and essential oils - usually lavender or tea tree oil. Keeps them fresh and it helps keep them dried out after you've worn them. Nothing ruins shoes faster than sweat and bacteria.

You can also put some drops of essential oils on newspaper and ball up the newspaper and stuff your shoes with that. Newspaper also absorbs dampness and helps the shoes dry out. (Learned this when the kids were playing soccer in the mud...)

Old 08-06-2018, 09:25 PM

32,773 posts, read 36,000,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Simply put talcum powder in one's shoes before wearing them and that should eliminate the problem!
It does!

Old 08-07-2018, 04:41 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,007,368 times
I have the same issue with some shoes. I just use Dawn dishwashing detergent and water. I scrub with a brush.

I only have the issue with non leather shoes. I've worn this particular pair of Sam Edelman Patti gold heels all summer and I have to scrub them every couple of weeks or so.

This also works well with suede.

I don't own socks except for the ones I workout in.

I've bought three pair of sock boots for fall and don't plan on wearing socks with them either.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:02 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,105,397 times
I believe that you can get new insoles at a show repair store.

However, I'm sorry, but I have to add that your excuse sounds silly to me. Too warm? I doubt it. But if that's true, do you then wear socks apart from the summer months? Uncomfortable? There's no reason socks should be uncomfortable, if you buy ones that fit. Cotton socks in the summer are particularly good for your feet because they absorb the sweat. And, year-round, socks cushion your feet against the stress of the pavement and they provide a barrier so that your feet don't rub directly abasing the shoe. And, sure, putting your feet into that dirt and sweat is pretty distasteful, isn't it?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:40 PM

5,457 posts, read 3,336,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
I googled "how to remove sweat stains from inside shoes" and found many suggestions. One suggestion was to use carpet or upholstery cleaner spray. How to Remove Foot Marks from Sandals » How To Clean Stuff.net You might give that a try.
Thanks very much.

Old 08-07-2018, 11:53 PM

5,457 posts, read 3,336,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Why on earth does this even matter? People are supposed to notice the OUTSIDE of the shoe, not the inside. Your skin is going to leave a combination of salt, oil, moisture, and traces of every skincare product you put on your feet. If the shoe is leather, remember that leather is also skin....it's going to absorb stuff.

Guess you plan on selling your shoes to someone else once the style is outdated?
Thanks for voicing your insight.
I am the one that doesn't like looking at it. And yes the shoes are leather throughout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty