Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 12:55 PM

3,262 posts, read 4,997,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
My shoes actually don't stink because I only wear them indoors for a couple hours a day. The rest of the time barefoot. I don't want to wear socks with sandals. So back to my original question: How to remove sweat stains?
I googled "how to remove sweat stains from inside shoes" and found many suggestions. One suggestion was to use carpet or upholstery cleaner spray. How to Remove Foot Marks from Sandals » How To Clean Stuff.net You might give that a try.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 02:59 PM

17,536 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Quote:
I do not like to wear socks at all. They are uncomfortable and I get too warm. So I wear my streets shoes without socks. How do I effectively get rid of spots of sweat stains on the insoles. Washing with soap and water doesn't help. I tried a baking soda paste. Rubbing alcohol? or hydrogen peroxide?
Buy new insoles

Old 08-05-2018, 03:07 PM

23,255 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Why on earth does this even matter? People are supposed to notice the OUTSIDE of the shoe, not the inside. Your skin is going to leave a combination of salt, oil, moisture, and traces of every skincare product you put on your feet. If the shoe is leather, remember that leather is also skin....it's going to absorb stuff.

Guess you plan on selling your shoes to someone else once the style is outdated?

Old 08-05-2018, 03:48 PM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Geez, that's a lot of flack for asking how to clean insoles.
Definitely get the replaceable kind and wash them as needed.
Ignore all those folks with stock in sock companies and wear what you like.

Hmmmm...Big Sock is watching you...

Old 08-05-2018, 05:08 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Buy new insoles
Right?

/end thread.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:16 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
My shoes actually don't stink because I only wear them indoors for a couple hours a day. The rest of the time barefoot. I don't want to wear socks with sandals. So back to my original question: How to remove sweat stains?
There are insoles that you can just stick to the interior of your shoes if you don’t want to wear socks. I put them in most of my shoes- something like Summer Soles. They will stick to any insole that isn’t leather and should keep your shoes from getting stained. When they wear out, you just put new ones in. There really isn’t a way you can fix the insoles once they are destroyed.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:30 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
I do not like to wear socks at all. They are uncomfortable and I get too warm. So I wear my streets shoes without socks. How do I effectively get rid of spots of sweat stains on the insoles. Washing with soap and water doesn't help. I tried a baking soda paste. Rubbing alcohol? or hydrogen peroxide?
This problem is NOT unusual.... take it from a mom who had a son who had it "BIG TIME"!!!

In my son's case, the inner lining became to STINKY that he had to literally put his feet outside of car window while driving.. All inside the care was gagging! Tend to think was due to cheap inner ling of footwear back then.. but My kids went thru shoes monthly/half yearly!!

But, I read thru thread and nobody offered links addressing this actual diagnosed problem!!
Excessive Sweating (Hyperhidrosis)
https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...perhidrosis2#1

snip~~

Quote:
What Causes Hyperhidrosis?

Although neurologic, endocrine, infectious, and other systemic diseases can sometimes cause hyperhidrosis, most cases occur in people who are otherwise healthy. Heat and emotions may trigger hyperhidrosis in some, but many who suffer from hyperhidrosis sweat nearly all their waking hours, regardless of their mood or the weather.

read more~~

Home remedies~~ It's at least a trial and error adventure??!!

https://www.livestrong.com/article/9...weating-feet/#

Just maybe using the term for "Google Search" using "Hyperhidrosis" may assist you!! Good luck!

Old 08-05-2018, 05:56 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
See post #2 - OP isn't even back on here...

Old 08-05-2018, 05:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
I hate socks.

Consequently, I only wear sandals for every second of the year the weather is clement enough to do so.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:59 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,381,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Get a good foot powder and use charcoal or other deodorizing sachets in your shoes. Also, wash your feet daily (like specifically with soap, water and a washrag), then wipe them down with alcohol and run some deoderant over them. That SHOULD take away any stink. Replace your insoles regularly. Go barefoot at home to let your feet breathe.

Make sure you do not have any kind of athlete's foot or toenail fungus that maybe you're not noticing. Those can go undetected sometimes.

I used to have a big foot odor problem when I was young, but haven't for decades.
I do not sweat heavily in my shoes and did not want to know how to prevent stinky shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty