Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:03 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,136,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't know that it's been mentioned yet, but what kind of skin do you have. Oily? Dry? Sensitive? Do you have issues with redness? Wrinkles? Hyperpigmentation? You can find sunscreen that works with all kinds of issues.
Dry skin and OLD ;-) but don't like the greasy, sticky formulas. Have tried so many brands without great success yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Thanks Atlantis, I looked on Amazon.com but I only found SPF 85 in the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch. Are there lower SPF versions (which probably don't have as much white stuff in them)? Maybe I should look somewhere else?
I haven't used the dry touch formula in Neutrogena yet--will try. Thought Walmart had the lower SPF.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:35 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,715,741 times
I use Clarins something or other. Feels like nothing is on my skin. Perfect.
I’m a Blue eyed redhead so I am careful with sunscreen and will spend more.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:35 AM

4,596 posts, read 3,269,336 times
OK folks, we were in to my husband's dermatologist yesterday for some small surgery and I asked him which goes on top - moisturizer or sunscreen. So here's the skinny, according to him, anyway.

The sunscreen goes on first, right out of the shower. The chemicals in the sunscreen need to be next to the skin. Moisturizer on top of that. For an off the shelf sunscreen, he likes Neutrogena.

I tried that method today and didn't like how it felt putting the sunscreen on first but I'll keep on with it. It's making my eyes water, though (and did yesterday when I put it on top of the moisturizer as well) so I don't know how long I'll be able to stand doing this before I have to switch brands. The dermatologist said sometimes you have to try and determine which ingredient is causing the eye watering (which sounds like an expensive thing to me).

Old 08-22-2018, 11:07 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,439,633 times
You didn't say SPF requirement. I like the Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF I get in a 2 pack at Costco.
It has a much nicer texture than the Neutrogena.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:19 AM

1,201 posts, read 798,540 times
I have used this for several years and LOVE it - https://www.lovelyskin.com/o/skinceu...iABEgLAHPD_BwE

Old 08-22-2018, 11:19 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,715,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
OK folks, we were in to my husband's dermatologist yesterday for some small surgery and I asked him which goes on top - moisturizer or sunscreen. So here's the skinny, according to him, anyway.

The sunscreen goes on first, right out of the shower. The chemicals in the sunscreen need to be next to the skin. Moisturizer on top of that. For an off the shelf sunscreen, he likes Neutrogena.

I tried that method today and didn't like how it felt putting the sunscreen on first but I'll keep on with it. It's making my eyes water, though (and did yesterday when I put it on top of the moisturizer as well) so I don't know how long I'll be able to stand doing this before I have to switch brands. The dermatologist said sometimes you have to try and determine which ingredient is causing the eye watering (which sounds like an expensive thing to me).

My daytime moisturizer has SPF 30 built right in. Cerave AM. Cheap but a great moisturizer and base sunscreen. If I’m out in the boat or in the sun full on...I use the Clarins. My makeup primer and light foundation also have sunscreens in them.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
I buy it at Target, Walmart, or Ulta. I've seen it at CVS and Walgreens too.

Here are the lower SPF versions on amazon:

SPF 30 https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Dr...nscreen+spf+30

SPF 45 https://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Dr...nscreen+spf+45

See how you can buy just 1 SPF 30, but the SPF 45 comes in packs of 2? That's how they're sold in every brick-and-mortar store also.

Edit: I see that on amazon if you want just 1 it has to be SPF 55, and you have to buy 2 of the SPF 30.
Thank you, Atlantis! Great info!

Old 08-22-2018, 02:57 PM

15,207 posts, read 10,232,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch sunscreen meets all of those requirements. I usually buy the SPF 30 but I like the SPF 45 also.

Yep, this is what I use also. Most sunscreens for the face make my face sweat. Neutrogena doesn't do that to me.

Old 08-22-2018, 03:13 PM

759 posts, read 3,137,977 times
cerave SPF 30 AM daily moisturizer lotion. Not thick, and it is broad spectrum. Also, SPF 15 is the bare minimum you should use. Better to use 30 or higher

https://www.target.com/p/cerave-faci...z/-/A-14353569
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty