U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 PM

33,017 posts, read 9,734,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
This is all merely your opinion as what I stated is mine, m'k? Yes, more women SHOULD embrace their gray. So many of them look so much better - yes, IN MY OPINION. By the way, my husband tells me all the time how much he loves my silvery hair compared to the dye. My friends, too. I know I certainly like it better. It actually looks kind of blond. Incidentally, all those chemicals can give you cancer - I was prompted to stop coloring when I developed a cancerous cyst on my scalp from trying to keep up with the gray roots and dying so often. No thanks.

Telling women what they SHOULD do, isn't an opinion. And even known carcinogens don't lead to cancer in everyone.

If you don't want to color your hair, don't. Nobody is saying that you should, the way you are telling others that they shouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 06:43 PM

4,737 posts, read 2,007,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Telling women what they SHOULD do, isn't an opinion. And even known carcinogens don't lead to cancer in everyone.

If you don't want to color your hair, don't. Nobody is saying that you should, the way you are telling others that they shouldn't.
+1.

And the husband is just being nice...unless you're 75+.

Old 10-02-2018, 07:45 PM

14,829 posts, read 30,324,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

And the husband is just being nice...unless you're 75+.
Wow - just wow - never mind, you probably don't have anyone telling YOU that you look nice. lol!

Old 10-03-2018, 03:07 AM

14,735 posts, read 11,970,279 times
Quote:
I agree, however I do feel that a FEW extra pounds can make a difference in the face looking younger. By a few I mean maybe up to 10 pounds. I am tall (5'8") and I was very overweight (200 lbs) several years ago. I lost down to 140 but put 10 back on this year and everyone thinks I look ideal at this weight. I do not look in the least fat, but I look nicely filled out, and have been told my face looks better too (I always had a thin face). Key is to get to a healthy weight where one looks and feels good and keep some muscle tone. I do light workouts daily.

OP, it is understandable if you look tired and puffy because of losing a loved one. Grief takes its toll like no other. You will probably have to give it time and do the best you can for your health - physical, mental and spiritual. Drink plenty of water (you may be dehydrated), get exercise and get plenty of rest. Being healthy goes a long way toward looking good.
Your weight sounds ideal and you must look great...I think when the neck and face go scraggy its time to stop losing weight...at an older age.... its all to do with where the fat lands on each persons body... not the overall fat content.. I knew a very thin woman who had a fat gut in the middle. this is more difficult to deal with..

Old 10-04-2018, 07:29 PM

1,459 posts, read 725,333 times
I have a "turkey waddle", too. I guess nothing I can do about that.

Yeah, the weight thing is not too bad - I only need to lose 5-10 pounds.

Diet needs revamping. I am going to go through my food this weekend and toss EVERYTHING bad and not buy anymore Lean Cuisines, sweets or processed food.

Not sure what I will eat, lol!

Old 10-04-2018, 07:51 PM

4,737 posts, read 2,007,647 times
Quote:
Wow - just wow - never mind, you probably don't have anyone telling YOU that you look nice. lol!
Fake news.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:18 PM

1,830 posts, read 4,718,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
ALL great tips and sound advice here as well.

Here's mine. Develop a good attitude about life, yourself and the world at large (yes, this may be difficult as we live in troubled times) always, always try to be happy and smile, even if you have to remind yourself to do so.
Agreed, positive energy and attitude show.
Smiling makes a difference--even what I call "in a good mood" almost-smile. And when you do smile, make sure your eyes also smile.

Old 10-05-2018, 05:49 PM

1,459 posts, read 725,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Agreed, positive energy and attitude show.
Smiling makes a difference--even what I call "in a good mood" almost-smile. And when you do smile, make sure your eyes also smile.
I totally agree with this. Perhaps that is my biggest problem - my inner sadness probably comes through and that is hard to hide with makeup and skincare. They say "fake it till you make it", right?

Old 02-07-2019, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 227 times
For a 50+ woman, to look young you can go for pretty cute looking clothes, wear minimal makeup and get a nice hairstyle that suits your face cut.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:53 PM

14,334 posts, read 13,075,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeko156 View Post
I have a "turkey waddle", too. I guess nothing I can do about that.

Yeah, the weight thing is not too bad - I only need to lose 5-10 pounds.

Diet needs revamping. I am going to go through my food this weekend and toss EVERYTHING bad and not buy anymore Lean Cuisines, sweets or processed food.

Not sure what I will eat, lol!

What's wrong with "Lean cuisine?"

I consider it to be a treat - at least some of their dishes)))

The best thing when you are on the go ( particularly their salmon with orzo which is now gone - sob-sob)))

Last edited by erasure; 02-08-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or