U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 05:31 PM

18,846 posts, read 12,465,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
To me, Chicos screams "OLDER WOMAN ON THE LOOSE!" lol But maybe it's just that my style is rather casual, and Chicos always strikes me as "I'm going on a cruise" kind of clothes.
Well, actually I agree. But their stuff is preferable, IMO, to Coldwater Creek. If you love jeans, have a look at NYDJ. I own one of their tops, and it is quite nicely made. I may try their jeans this fall. My go to, Lands End has started showing jeans made of cotton, rayon and something else. Thatís just wrong!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2018, 06:32 PM

6,713 posts, read 2,608,873 times
I'm in my 50's, and I look younger. Part of it just genetics. Part of it is attitude and keeping in shape.

I have shoulder length hair, and am slim, so when I'm wearing sunglasses I can pass for MUCH younger than I am. (haha I was at a beach cabana not terribly long ago, in a cute maillot bathing suit and cover up, pony tail and sunglasses. I ordered a glass of wine and the bartender said I need to see some proof of ID so I lifted my sunglasses. He actually said whoah, and gave me the glass of wine without further ado. The eyes'll get ya everytime).

Less makeup if you have healthy skin, pretty pink natural looking (not bright) lipstick, youthful bounce.

I also agree with those who say color your hair, and cover the grey with multi-dimensional color that's somewhere in the middle hues. Black hair is NOT the answer, nor is peroxide blonde. Nor is one-note orange hair. Something in the middle with highlights. I also think women our age often have kind of "Edith Bunker hair" which is awful. Longer, wavy, flattering the face and neck is better. But don't have that awful dry crackly long witch hair. Moderation.

Good luck!

Old 08-16-2018, 08:19 PM

10,638 posts, read 3,311,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
Hair style and color is number one thing I notice. Some women don't update their hair style or color and makes them look drab even if they maybe attractive otherwise.
Women always cut there hair shorter as they get older, my keeps her hair just past her shoulders and I swear it makes her look at least 10 years younger than if it was short! I also agree with keeping it colored!

Old 08-16-2018, 09:57 PM

10,386 posts, read 7,467,722 times
Get healthy.
Smile.
Don't fight it.
I'm not a fan of the obvious hair color that covers up gray. Spend a little and get some good color.
You might find a good cosmotologist who can advise you on updating your look.

Old 08-17-2018, 03:53 AM

33,031 posts, read 12,488,458 times
Skin. Find a skin care regime that keeps the skin on your face looking youthful. Hyaluronic acid serum does it for me. I like the kind with Vitamin C. I get it on Amazon. Keeps my skin looking and feeling soft without the crepey wrinkles that many women my age develop.

Hair. Find a hairdo that looks snappy and is easy to keep up. Chin to shoulder length works for a lot of women. Jaimie Lee Curtis rocks a pixie cut. So it all depends. Color helps many women knock off a decade or so.

Posture. Pull those shoulders back.

Old 08-17-2018, 04:31 AM

17,158 posts, read 22,161,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
If you wear eyeglasses....please keep them updated....
decades old frames are very aging, IMO.
those cats-eye frames are sexy

Old 08-17-2018, 04:37 AM

17,158 posts, read 22,161,261 times
as many have stated "attitude" and how you carry yourself can take decades off....smile often many believe smiles will only show more wrinkles and look older but I believe its the opposite...

be optimistic, and energetic (not slouch, or grumpy)

attractiveness has many layers..... if a smile lights up a face I dont see wrinkles....also remember god gave us age appropriate eyes meaning..... a 40 yr old person may look "old" to a 20 yr old but not to another 40 yr old....

we are all getting physically older but we dont have to act it

Old 08-17-2018, 05:09 AM

1 posts, read 589 times
Makeup is to hide, you should focus more on enhancing the natural beauty of your skin. Aging is inevitable but you can take help of anti-aging creams and serums to rejuvenate the skin from within. Natura Beaute Youth Cream is a product that I recently came across for achieving Radiant, Wrinkle Free Skin.
My aunt uses this cream & loving how it has helped her.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:22 AM

3,876 posts, read 4,571,964 times
Get your teeth whitened if you haven't already. Find non-irritating eyedrops if your eyes have any redness so your eyes look bright. Find a skin firming cream you like (Murad collagen booster is one good one but pricey, Olay Regenerist Miracle Boost is less $$, Lifeline Skin Care is very very good but over $100).

Look at creams that reduce the effects of sun damage. They will have retinoids. Check reviews on Amazon. This will take regular use over a couple of months to see real results.

Old 08-17-2018, 05:54 AM

4,095 posts, read 1,712,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
To me, Chicos screams "OLDER WOMAN ON THE LOOSE!" lol But maybe it's just that my style is rather casual, and Chicos always strikes me as "I'm going on a cruise" kind of clothes.
Yes!yes!yes!!!!

Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or