Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 AM

238 posts, read 823,843 times

Advertisements

Wear one if you want! I'm younger, shorter and about the same size. I personally wouldn't wear one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2008, 06:41 AM

223 posts, read 1,003,578 times
Bikini, tankini, one piece, cover-ups, etc. Just be you and just be comfortable. Why wear a bikini if you are worried about what you look like and possibly end up using cover-ups each time to the beach. After delivering full term twins in my 5'5 110 lb body I became very self concious about my stretched out belly and extra skin since our motherly bellies aren't made of elastic and doesn't go back to tight. My hubby would die for me to wear a bikini, but in my mind ... no way! So we agreed that if I'm comfy in a tankini, so be it ... but ... to keep his eyes from wandering to the tight abed young ones, I found a top that flatters my chest (a part of my body that I am confident with and he really likes). He loves it and I'm comfy and his eyes are on me ... well, most of the time ... guys will be guys I suppose. So go on and find a suit that is comfy and flatters the parts you are confident about. You sound like a tall atractive female ... flaunt by all means, but be comfy doing so!!

Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
Just do what feels right- don't worry about the rest!!

I am 32, 5'3" and 113lbs. I have had children and have no stretch marks. I don't wear bikinis! I know I would look good, I just like to be more covered up. I wear really sexy tankinis, that may be more covered up but in my opinion are much hotter than most bikinis I've seen.

To each his own, don't waste your time wondering what others think looks good, focus on what makes YOU feel good!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oobie119 View Post
I just want the opinion of some guys. What kind of woman repulses you in a bikini and what do you like to see?? Give your age too so I know if you'd be a peer : ) THANKS!
Interesting choice of words you use - "repulses". But borrowing your term the type of women that "repulses" me in a bikini are the ones with:

Flabby cottage cheesy stomach
Stomach stretch marks that look like a mapquest road screenshot
Pot belly
Pot back (like a pot belly but back fat)
Pot sides (like a pot belly but side fat)
Stomach that is larger (in inches) than hips
Stomach skin that looks like orange peels (orange dimples)
Any dark hair around the belly button

Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
DaBeez;3427801]Any dark hair around the belly button
GACK!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:23 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
GACK!!!
Yep. Those stray strands of hair around and just below the belly button are a huge turnoff.

Oobie how are things going with the swimsuit hunting?

Old 04-15-2008, 07:53 PM

1,309 posts, read 4,190,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I'm 53 with 2 grown kids! 5'4" 120lbs--I wear a bikini all the time! Sure, the skin isn't as tight as when I was 20, but I'm not disgusting! I've seen tons of women in bikinis who look alot worse than I do! I do my crunches so my tummy has some definition and it sure is more comfy than a 1 piece suit!
I would LOVE to have a bit more "up top", but, alas, us small-framed women don't always get that benefit! Wear your bikini! If your hubby likes it--that's all that counts!
Count your blessings. I have more on top, and I think it's a waste. The only benefit to my oversized breasts is that at least they protrude more than my gut!

Old 04-19-2008, 08:19 AM

27,342 posts, read 27,393,359 times
What guy 'wouldnt' like bikinis on women? AS long as she can fit into it pretty decent there probably arent too many who 'dont' like them.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:45 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Interesting choice of words you use - "repulses". But borrowing your term the type of women that "repulses" me in a bikini are the ones with:

Flabby cottage cheesy stomach
Stomach stretch marks that look like a mapquest road screenshot
Pot belly
Pot back (like a pot belly but back fat)
Pot sides (like a pot belly but side fat)
Stomach that is larger (in inches) than hips
Stomach skin that looks like orange peels (orange dimples)
Any dark hair around the belly button
This is the funniest thing I've read on here. I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I love the pot back and the pot sides!! LMAO

Old 04-19-2008, 09:53 PM

3 posts, read 15,888 times
Default Wear It!

There is nothing more sexy than than the woman who dresses to please their man. I don't care if you are size 3 or size 30. Bikini's say, I feel good about myself, I want you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty