Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 07:03 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
Update. I went back to the same piercing salon/tattoo parlor and a licensed piercer re-pierced my ears. She used a needle and it barely hurt at all (since it was just the very back that had closed up). Even though the tattoo parlor was sort of creepy, clean but Halloween scary decoration kind of creepy, IMHO, I am glad that I went there instead to a kiosk at the mall.

Thanks for the update!! Glad it went well. The parlors can sometimes be overwhelming awash with imagery that makes a lot of people uncomfortable, but in my experience the people aren't scary at all. And there's a lot of comfort in knowing that they're far more knowlegeable than the part time teen at the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 12:33 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Folks, please stop getting pierced at the mall. Go to a doctor or a reputable tattoo/piercing parlor.

Why You Should Never Get Your Ears Pierced at the Mall

Six Reasons to Avoid a Piercing Gun
I’m so old the store I went to hired a nurse to pierce ears. My parents knew her, she was a real nurse!

Old 08-24-2018, 09:52 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
Glad it worked out for you!

Like you I don't wear earrings often. I have to push them through the back first every time. This post makes me want to go out and buy a simple pair of earrings to wear daily.

Old 08-24-2018, 02:21 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
There are small open hoops with no hooks or lumps you can purchase called sleeper earrings. There are also posts called comfy earrings, with a flat back solid clutchback, so no poking while you sleep. When I travel, I wear my threader pearls because they can just stay in.

BUT. For sanitary reasons, you need to take them out and clean them every once in a while. I have so many earrings, I generally give them a good clean before I put them on, unless they are in heavy rotation.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1873629...search_click=1

https://comfyearrings.com/store/

Old 08-24-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post

I love the "huggy hoops" that are also featured on this link. I have a pair of gold hoops like these that are plain on one side, or I can flip them around and wear them with an inset amethyt showing.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:34 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,822,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I would not go to a piercing place in the mall to have your ears re-pierced. Go to a doctor or a tattoo parlor (with good reviews) that does piercings.

They're going to know more about how piercings heal than the teenager at the mall.
I had my ears pierced at Clairs as a kid, let them close up, and had them repierced... at Clairs... about 8 or so years ago. I lived, still have my ears, still hear out of both of them, and they've been guaged for five/six years now.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I had my ears pierced at Clairs as a kid, let them close up, and had them repierced... at Clairs... about 8 or so years ago. I lived, still have my ears, still hear out of both of them, and they've been guaged for five/six years now.
If you're going to intentionally stretch out your earlobes, you probably have a different level of concern about healing and appearance than someone who is looking for a simple piercing.

I had my ears pierced at Claires when I was a kid too. But as an adult, I've learned enough to know that there are better options.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:31 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I had my ears pierced at the mall in the mid-80's. I stopped wearing earrings for about 10-12 years, and when I started again, I seemed to be poking new holes in the back each time. I went to a tattoo/piercing shop and got them redone, and they've been great. I don't know if the first holes really closed up, or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty