U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When do you wash your face?
morning 23 21.50%
night 15 14.02%
morning and night 51 47.66%
more than 2x a day 11 10.28%
never 7 6.54%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 12:48 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Morning and night, every single day. And Iíve seen a MASSIVE difference (I used to skip washing at night)

If Iíve worn makeup, I double-cleanse at night ... first use an oil-based cleanser or micellar water to remove makeup, then follow with a water based cleanser. I also use a Clarisonic brush anytime I wash my face. My skin is soooooo much better!
I started double cleansing a year ago and my skin looks better and is less dry.

AM is an oil cleanser and a rotating cast of cleansers from clarifying to gentle to brightening based on what I seem to need. I may add a rinse off mask too.

Then I use a Korean ďlotion,Ē serum, essence, face oil and sunscreen.

Iím still experimenting with a PM wash.

I am using an oil cleanser and micellar water at night. Followed by the lotion, an overnight mask and face oil or moisturizer. Or both. Or 2 masks.

My skin is looking better. I am dry so I am soaking up this extra moisture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 12:51 AM

26,867 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I cleanse at night witha fresh washcloth and CeraVe hydrating cleanser, use Neutrogena non alcoholic toner, use my Metrogel, top with The Ordinary 2% Retinol in squalane, top that with The Ordinary essential moisture +HA.

Now, in the morning, I shower, and rinse my face, and toner, then The Ordinary EUK, then CeraVe, and whatever makeup Iím wearing. Usually just blush and mascara.

Honestly, Iíve just started this routine. I do love how my skin feels with The Ordinary, and I love the price!! Both serums are just a few drops, and Iím using less moisturizer.

Iím making sure I use a fresh cloth nightly, because I am having an eye issue that my opthamologist canít pin down, so instead of cleansing and splashing not using a cloth at all, Iím making sure I thoroughly clean my lashes and rub a little with the cloth, in case itís blepharitis rearing itís head. Which Iíve been assured it isnít. (My eye was red and irritated. No infection, no something stuck, just red and irritated. After a month of prednisone drops and multiple times a day artificial tears, itís abating. Very slowly)
I just ordered a few Ordinary things to try as well. I have some spots Iíd love to get rid of and need some stronger AHA/BHA treatments.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:44 AM

510 posts, read 130,671 times
No soap...I use facial cleanser.....that goes with my moisturizers. I donít mix brands .

Old 08-30-2018, 08:17 AM

1,272 posts, read 1,717,097 times
I have no schedule. I just wash my face when necessary. And if I haven't worn makeup I just rinse my face in the shower. I don't like to use cleansers on my face unless I have to.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:32 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,487,020 times
I wash my face in the morning, in the shower.

I wear make up nearly every day...but yeah...in the morning. I know it's supposed to be a big no-no, and that I SHOULD wash at night...but honestly...my skin is fine. Due to my routine, I hardly ever have break outs, and people always seem to think I'm 10 to 15 years younger than my actual age...so I'm OK with what I'm doing.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:43 AM

3,174 posts, read 1,629,375 times
Once daily in in the morning shower.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:05 AM

3,122 posts, read 1,217,954 times
I wash my face in the shower. When I had a white collar job, I showered in the mornings; on the rare occasions that I wore makeup, I'd wash at night.
Now that I'm retired, I shower at night. And don't even own any makeup.

Old 08-30-2018, 11:43 AM

1,326 posts, read 526,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am doing an experiment to see if I notice a difference by washing my face more often.

I typically wash in the morning and at night if I wore makeup (rare).

My friend was like “omg you don’t wash off your sunscreen?!?”

Nighttime washes give me an excuse to do more masks. So I am experimenting. And my skin does seem to look better.

So when do you wash, and how often?
Morning and night. At night I remove my makeup with a makeup removal towelette, in the morning after my shower I use an astringent. Only time I might do it more often is if I need to get dressed up to go out somewhere in the evening. Why would your friend remove sunscreen? You use sunscreen whether it is in your makeup or you put it on before and there is no need to remove it until you wash in the evening. If you go to the beach if you are showering after then yes, you would probably remove it and reapply some form of sunscreen but that wouldn't be an everyday thing.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:19 PM

4,836 posts, read 2,142,556 times
The skin is a fascinating organ.
It gets refreshed each shower or after eating.
Otherwise a light washing am/pm.
I did the 64oz of water per day..it made my skin from toe to head be more toned . I shy away from the hyped counter brands.. water has been a cleanser from the inside out.

Old 08-30-2018, 12:39 PM

3,043 posts, read 2,883,961 times
At least twice every day, followed with moisturizer and sunscreen if itís daytime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty