U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When do you wash your face?
morning 23 21.50%
night 15 14.02%
morning and night 51 47.66%
more than 2x a day 11 10.28%
never 7 6.54%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 05:04 PM

1,692 posts, read 842,478 times

Advertisements

Morning and evening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Status: "i am a lost one doo doo doo doo" (set 22 days ago)

55 posts, read 9,003 times
I wash mine in the morning, when I get home just because it feels good, before I go to bed (also because it feels good), and if I take a shower (so, about once every three days) I'll wash with an exfoliating scrub. Otherwise I just use plain water for my washing.

I just do what feels good.

Old 08-30-2018, 06:21 PM

275 posts, read 37,917 times
Oh, I forgot, I use either Neutrogena or Cetaphil facial cleanser, nothing special, but they are mild.

To Tallysmom: I do not know if this will help with your issue, but about 2 years ago, I started having problems with hordeolums (aka styles) and chelazions, which were large, painful bumps, plus itchiness at the edge of my eyelids along the roots of the lashes. Never had this happen before. I have worn contacts for years and have always been very careful with contact lense hygiene. The opthalmologist told me that sometimes excess oil is produced at the root of the eyelashes and told me to cleanse the eye area with OcuSoft eyescrub. I use the Walgreen brand cleansing eye pads, as they have the same active ingredients as OcuSoft, but cheaper. This solved my problem, so I’ll probably check Amazon for a better price, since this is now part of my cleansing routine. Some people wash their eyelids with baby shampoo, but my Dr. said the OcuSoft is more effective.

Last edited by happygrrrl; 08-30-2018 at 06:35 PM..

Old 08-30-2018, 09:53 PM

11,427 posts, read 19,438,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happygrrrl View Post
Oh, I forgot, I use either Neutrogena or Cetaphil facial cleanser, nothing special, but they are mild.

To Tallysmom: I do not know if this will help with your issue, but about 2 years ago, I started having problems with hordeolums (aka styles) and chelazions, which were large, painful bumps, plus itchiness at the edge of my eyelids along the roots of the lashes. Never had this happen before. I have worn contacts for years and have always been very careful with contact lense hygiene. The opthalmologist told me that sometimes excess oil is produced at the root of the eyelashes and told me to cleanse the eye area with OcuSoft eyescrub. I use the Walgreen brand cleansing eye pads, as they have the same active ingredients as OcuSoft, but cheaper. This solved my problem, so Iíll probably check Amazon for a better price, since this is now part of my cleansing routine. Some people wash their eyelids with baby shampoo, but my Dr. said the OcuSoft is more effective.
I did the baby shampoo, and now I just make sure I scrub my lashes well. Doctor says thereís no sign of the blepharitis so what I am doing is working. He thought it was an infection, thereís barely anything for an infection when he does a stain, barely anything pops. So, not infection. Iíve never had a doctor tell me he was stumped.

Heís stumped.

My eye is still a little red, my vision is a little blurry. There is no corneal lesions. No watering. Iíll probably keep doing what I am doing and go back for another recheck. Iím expecting that one day, I will wake up and it will be gone, much like how it came.

But I will look for those eye pads. My brother in law has it too, and his doesnít want to go away.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:01 PM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Morning and night.

Old 08-30-2018, 10:24 PM

26,868 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
Morning and night. At night I remove my makeup with a makeup removal towelette, in the morning after my shower I use an astringent. Only time I might do it more often is if I need to get dressed up to go out somewhere in the evening. Why would your friend remove sunscreen? You use sunscreen whether it is in your makeup or you put it on before and there is no need to remove it until you wash in the evening. If you go to the beach if you are showering after then yes, you would probably remove it and reapply some form of sunscreen but that wouldn't be an everyday thing.
She meant in the evening. Although I wear sunscreen, I only wash at night ocassionally. But I may keep up the nightly washes. It is making a difference. And I am getting older. My sister claims I am starting to get wrinkles. One difference between her and I is that my skin marks easily. I hate acne since it always leaves a mark for me.

So I am trying to ďunclogĒ my pore. I get recurring hormone related acne on my cheeks and it can take forever to dissipate.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:26 AM

3 posts, read 485 times
more than 3 times washing is not good. if affects the skin. try some moistures and creams

Old 08-31-2018, 04:58 AM

15 posts, read 3,469 times
Morning and night, every single day.

Old 08-31-2018, 09:06 AM

1,953 posts, read 753,703 times
I don't wear makeup. My face gets washed in the shower. I am female and I don't have to participate in skin care voodoo either.

I have never heard of specifically washing sunscreen off. Its certainly not anything I've ever done. Do you wash other lotions off as well? LOL!

Old 08-31-2018, 10:03 AM

287 posts, read 160,232 times
I shower every day, even twice a day depending on how hard I work and how hot it is out, or if I go swimming, I shower again after.

Each shower I wash my face and head (I shave my head clean). Once a day with the apricot face scrub with salicylic acid, and the other times, with just body wash.

And I am a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty