Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: When do you wash your face?
morning 23 21.30%
night 16 14.81%
morning and night 51 47.22%
more than 2x a day 11 10.19%
never 7 6.48%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 11:00 AM

765 posts, read 473,702 times

Advertisements

i hate to admit this publicly, but now that i rarely go out of the house, am old old old, and have no life? i don't wash my face every single day. Oh, of course I will wash my face if I am going out, or at night after coming home 'cause who wants whatever grit or junk in the air was coating me with? .... But I have never used soap, (used Noxema) and amazingly, at almost 70, i still haven't one major line on my face, tho when i smile, i am starting to see crows feet at the corner of my eyes. I NEVER wore make up. not ever. As a kid, I was outside constantly as were most of us who grew up in the 50's and I do admit to way too much sun bathing at the beach laden with baby oil or hours on a tennis court from age 12 to 22, but after 22, i hardly ever went out in the sun at all, and if i did, i wore a hat or slathered on SPF 40..... PLUS: i do believe genes have so much more to do with it. even now, with no skin regimen or cremes, moisturizers, gels, serums or retinol, people will comment on my great skin at my age and i get pegged for 55 and not 69!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2018, 01:43 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
When I take a shower, so every couple of days.

Yeah, unless you have a dirty/sweaty physical job you really don't need to take a shower more often than that.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:06 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
...before I sit down at my computer and sign on to the C-D forums.

Must be fresh-faced here.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:05 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,543,160 times
If I shower in the morning, (ever day or every other day) I wash my face in warm water with shower gel with moisturizers on a washcloth. If I don't shower, I just rinse my face at the sink in warm water.

At night, if I'm not wearing makeup, I rinse my face in warm water with a wash cloth. If I'm wearing makeup, I squirt makeup remover onto a cloth and use it mixed with water to wash my face, then I rinse it off.

I use moisturizer at night during the dry winter months.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:05 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,776,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceiligrrl View Post
i hate to admit this publicly, but now that i rarely go out of the house, am old old old, and have no life? i don't wash my face every single day. Oh, of course I will wash my face if I am going out, or at night after coming home 'cause who wants whatever grit or junk in the air was coating me with? .... But I have never used soap, (used Noxema) and amazingly, at almost 70, i still haven't one major line on my face, tho when i smile, i am starting to see crows feet at the corner of my eyes. I NEVER wore make up. not ever. As a kid, I was outside constantly as were most of us who grew up in the 50's and I do admit to way too much sun bathing at the beach laden with baby oil or hours on a tennis court from age 12 to 22, but after 22, i hardly ever went out in the sun at all, and if i did, i wore a hat or slathered on SPF 40..... PLUS: i do believe genes have so much more to do with it. even now, with no skin regimen or cremes, moisturizers, gels, serums or retinol, people will comment on my great skin at my age and i get pegged for 55 and not 69!!!!
Don't worry about it, there are lots of us right there with you. A lot of social workers and therapists rag on about old people who don't bathe often enough to suit them. You would think these people would understand but NOOooOOooo. It's not that we don't want to be clean. It's that

1. We're not active enough to warrant bathing every day any more
  2. We may not see anyone but a significant other but once a week or less anyway = no one to "impress"
  3. IT IS TIRING. I'm not yet 60 but part of my disability encompasses lack of energy and a very long recovery time after exertion. Until you, too, are old and/or decrepit, it would just never occur to you how tiring it is to shower and do all the stuff that goes along with that. Depending on how bad your joints are (and which ones), just washing your hair can be an exhausting and painful venture.
  4. Safety becomes a concern. I live alone and there are no grab bars in my shower. I can't easily install such by myself - it's 60 year old tile and they set tile differently 60 years ago. I'm not sure what's back there to safely attach a grab bar to, nor that, having pierced the wall, it will still be impervious to water leakage. I've fallen 4 times already this year, thankfully not one of those times was in the shower or bathroom, but ... the bathroom is not the safest place in my house at this point.
I've got wrinkles out the yin-yang. Well actually not wrinkles per se but more sagging skin. I gained a crapload of weight when I was at my sickest, and then I've lost a lot of it since. I have a lot more to lose. I'm going to look like a basset hound if I ever manage it. No amount of face washing or skin care voodoo is going to change that.

Old 08-31-2018, 06:19 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
In the shower in the morning. I think my face gets irritated easily, so I don’t wash it at night, unless I have worn makeup, which isn’t often. I’m 70, and not wrinkled, so it works for me.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:03 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,965,100 times
well, it depends on the time of the year.

in the summertime...4 times, 1. morning. 2. after mowing the lawn. 3. after practice. 4. night.
in the wintertime......3 times. 1. morning. 2 after practice. 3. night.

sometimes it's more, since i show my children how to wash their faces by demonstration.
sometimes not at all...when we're camping or staying home when i'm sick.

actually went 3 days without when i was recovering from surgery.

Old 09-20-2018, 03:18 AM

32 posts, read 18,207 times
I would say its morning and night. But sometimes, things get rough and will always depends on the weather.

Old 09-20-2018, 07:55 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
I don't really "wash" my face - by that I mean I only use water, no soap, oil or cleanser. I stopped using anything quite a while ago. My skin has never looked better. However, I do not wear foundation or powder, the only makeup I use is a bit of eyemakeup and lip tint, and I will use a tiny bit of argan oil to remove the eye makeup. Like another poster mentioned, I too am 69 have very few line and am usually pegged for mid 50s. I'm sure a lot of it is genetics, but I believe too many people do "too much" to their skin in the mistaken belief that it "needs help."

Old 09-21-2018, 07:26 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I am doing an experiment to see if I notice a difference by washing my face more often.

I typically wash in the morning and at night if I wore makeup (rare).

My friend was like “omg you don’t wash off your sunscreen?!?”

Nighttime washes give me an excuse to do more masks. So I am experimenting. And my skin does seem to look better.

So when do you wash, and how often?
Morning and night. I've never had acne issues, but my skin is oily in certain spots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty