Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 08:28 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,338,739 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about this, and how certain colors tend to look with certain weaves or knits.

For woven fabrics, a light pink tends look good as casual or dress shirt fabrics such as poplin or oxford. Deep blue colors tend to work well with denim. Flannel IMO looks good in a deep red.

For knit fabrics, it just seems there is something that is very flattering about the Fairy Tale pink color in an interlock knit. Darker colors such as red or navy blue though tend to look better in pique.

Have you ever thought how certain colors look with certain weaves or knits?

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 09-06-2018 at 08:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 02:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Well, I have thought that the dyes they use on pima cotton knits look richer than dye colors used on cheaper knits. But I assume they use better dyes on better quality fabrics.

One of the ways cheaper clothes scream “cheap!” is with harsh dye colors.

Wool, silk and cotton take dyes very well.

I am liking the olive greens I have been seeing these last 3 seasons. I admit that an olive polyester field jacket would not be nearly as pleasing as one made of a substantial cotton.

Old 09-07-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Well, I have thought that the dyes they use on pima cotton knits look richer than dye colors used on cheaper knits. But I assume they use better dyes on better quality fabrics.

One of the ways cheaper clothes scream “cheap!” is with harsh dye colors.

Wool, silk and cotton take dyes very well.

I am liking the olive greens I have been seeing these last 3 seasons. I admit that an olive polyester field jacket would not be nearly as pleasing as one made of a substantial cotton.
Pima cotton is actually a specific type of cotton, and shirts made with it will typically use an interlock knit. The reason is because the softness of pima cotton lends well to an interlock knit, enhancing its softness.

Old 09-07-2018, 04:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Pima cotton is actually a specific type of cotton, and shirts made with it will typically use an interlock knit. The reason is because the softness of pima cotton lends well to an interlock knit, enhancing its softness.

I have several Pima cotton garments and I enjoy wearing them. The fabric is particularly nice for nightwear.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:06 PM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
It's astounding how many different threads you can create to justify mentioning a specific shade of pink.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It's astounding how many different threads you can create to justify mentioning a specific shade of pink.
But that wasn't the reason for this thread; I really wanted to know your opinion on what colors look good with specific knits or weaves. Shades of light pink in general look good in an interlock knit, but there seems to be something very special about my favorite shade of pink that makes it look very nice when used in an interlock knit. I have two different interlock polos in two different shades of pink - Fairy Tale and Cradle Pink. I like the look of both, but the Cradle Pink is lighter, while the somewhat pinker hue of Fairy Tale seems to enhance the non-aggressive look of the interlock polo more than the Cradle Pink.

Also, did you see my other recent thread? No mention of Fairy Tale.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:29 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Congratulations?

Old 09-08-2018, 07:48 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:

A quick search reveals that you have started 39 threads in which you mention that specific color. So no, not terribly impressed that you managed to create a thread that didn't mention it.

Old 09-08-2018, 08:00 AM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
I think fabrics with a lot of texture--like velvet--bring out the richest colors, while smooth or shiny fabrics like satin make colors seem lighter.

Is that more or less what you mean (substituting your beloved knits for my favorite weaves )

Old 09-08-2018, 08:04 AM

10,897 posts, read 7,389,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
But the topics are interesting if you don't fixate on every mention of ftp. I'm not sure why you would read Jazz's threads if it annoys you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty