U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:17 PM

973 posts, read 351,999 times

Advertisements

Tell me now just how the hell do you get that much bleach out of your shoes after you soak them with bleach?

(a dilute solution of sodium hypochlorite, also called "liquid bleach") This acid will be held on your feet non-stop anytime you wear those shoes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2018, 01:49 AM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
777 posts, read 224,082 times
I take the insoles out of my boots at least once a year for machine washing and bleaching and after a couple of decades I'm still alive to talk about it. The key is to run them for a second and maybe third rinse then air dry. It freshens them right up.

You're on the wrong end of the pH scale. Bleach is a base (alkaline), not an acid. Bases are sodium, acids are hydrogen. Third-grade chemistry.

Old 10-07-2018, 08:40 PM

3,697 posts, read 6,712,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buenos View Post
Does bleach work on suede shoes?
I have some unworn black suede shoes, but I want to turn them white or "natural light grey" color.
I dont want to start with the bleach unless I can be certain that it can be done.
I saw some youtube videos of people bleaching some black shoes that turned out bright orange.
Try soaking them overnight in a pan of bleach. Please let us know how this turns out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or