U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 12:31 PM

8,144 posts, read 7,469,555 times

Advertisements

I used to buy my khakis and cargo pants from the mens or teen boys section at the Gap and Old Navy because they were cheaper.

These days I don't really buy anything from the mens department but I don't see a thing wrong with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 01:30 PM

13,154 posts, read 7,398,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Absolutely.
Better quality and more comfortable.
I am taller and like shirts that don't ride up to my boobs when I raise my arms and sleeves that actually come down to my wrists.
I have a wide foot with 5 toes, not one pointy toe in the middle of my foot. So I buy men's shoes.
Men's jackets are heavier and not so form fitting. I like a little flexibility.
Underwear. Men's 100% better. I prefer briefs. Don't like fabric in my butt crack or elastic in my creases.
That's what I'm concerned with. I want to coat I can layer stuff underneath without feeling like I'm suffocating.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:38 PM

10,862 posts, read 18,892,348 times
I wear men's shoes, shorts and jackets. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The only time it's less than perfect is when my husband decides to take my sneakers since we're the same size, and then he ruins them.

Old 09-19-2018, 01:44 PM

20,015 posts, read 20,514,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's what I'm concerned with. I want to coat I can layer stuff underneath without feeling like I'm suffocating.
It seems to me most women's coats/jackets are made to look pretty in and for a little warmth, not to work in. My endeavors are not as adventurous as yours but I'm outdoorsy and have a tiny hobby farm so I'm out fixing fences, getting goats unstuck, riding horses, etc. and I haven found a good women's coat that accommodates that.
I'm not sure why you would even hesitate in buying a "mans" coat.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:29 PM

2,084 posts, read 794,495 times
Quote:
It's not because I want to be a man; I am very satisfied with my gender identity. However, I need to buy a heavy parka for my winter work in arctic Alaska and am thinking about purchasing a men's jacket. I wear men's socks and boy's athletic shoes because they last so much longer and are cheaper. Men's clothes are cheaper and are generally better made. I am also short and want one that can reach my knees to keep my legs warm. Does anyone else do this?
I totally agree with you buying men's clothing. And it makes a lot of sense to buy heavy duty outdoor wear from the men's department. I've done that with steel-toed shoes/boots, socks, coveralls, etc.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:50 PM

13,154 posts, read 7,398,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
It seems to me most women's coats/jackets are made to look pretty in and for a little warmth, not to work in. My endeavors are not as adventurous as yours but I'm outdoorsy and have a tiny hobby farm so I'm out fixing fences, getting goats unstuck, riding horses, etc. and I haven found a good women's coat that accommodates that.
I'm not sure why you would even hesitate in buying a "mans" coat.
I'm actually not hesitating. I'm wondering about fit. Feet are different than chests and I am buying a coat this time instead of shoes or socks. I normally wear a woman's large coat so I think a men's medium will fit. I will probably have to buy online because heavy parkas are generally unavailable for try-on here in Texas

Old 09-19-2018, 04:13 PM

619 posts, read 228,680 times
"Does anyone else do this?'

well, my wife does for 3 reasons:

1. men's outerwear is cheaper and equal or better quality.
2. men's shoes last longer for the same style.
3. men's t-shirts make better pajamas.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:42 PM

11,824 posts, read 7,699,774 times
Whenever I go shopping for men's clothing there are more women shopping around me than men. Since many women know that men's clothing are cheaper than women's when there are sales. Sweaters, sweat shirts, shirts, and baggy sweat pants as long as it can pass as unisex. These days there are a lot more lesbians that also wear men's clothing. Funny how gay men usually dress much better than gay women. So many lesbians just look so dorky in men's clothing.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:44 PM

18,856 posts, read 12,481,974 times
Quote:
It's not because I want to be a man; I am very satisfied with my gender identity. However, I need to buy a heavy parka for my winter work in arctic Alaska and am thinking about purchasing a men's jacket. I wear men's socks and boy's athletic shoes because they last so much longer and are cheaper. Men's clothes are cheaper and are generally better made. I am also short and want one that can reach my knees to keep my legs warm. Does anyone else do this?
Check out Duluth Trading for women before buying. They make warm work wear for men and women.

The biggest problem with women wearing menís clothes is fit. For most of us, the fit will be awkward.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:45 PM

Location: Follow the oil exhaust cloud until you run out of gas, then turn left
779 posts, read 225,129 times
I had a girlfriend who was, I guess, more "modest" than some and her main swimsuit was a sport bra and a male jammer because she loved wearing bikinis but hated the "standard" bikinis (and jammers/speedos last longer). She was f'n' HOT in that getup too!

So yeah, om mani, wear what you like, care not what others think, hum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or