U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:20 AM

13,146 posts, read 7,393,567 times

Advertisements

It's not because I want to be a man; I am very satisfied with my gender identity. However, I need to buy a heavy parka for my winter work in arctic Alaska and am thinking about purchasing a men's jacket. I wear men's socks and boy's athletic shoes because they last so much longer and are cheaper. Men's clothes are cheaper and are generally better made. I am also short and want one that can reach my knees to keep my legs warm. Does anyone else do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2018, 08:37 AM

4,377 posts, read 1,490,886 times
I used to buy men's jeans all the time, as opposed to women's/girl's jeans. I always had a flat butt, and it seemed to me, that men's jeans fit me better in the butt. Women's jeans were always kind of saggy in the butt.

But the downside to that was the extra fabric in the front. LOL

Other than that, I wear tshirts all the time, that could be worn by a man or a woman. (And I steal my husband's socks ALL the time. LOL) OH...and I have a pair of Merrell shoes that are supposed to be men's shoes...but I wear them.

I think it makes total sense for you to do what you do.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:05 AM

17,396 posts, read 3,537,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
It's not because I want to be a man; I am very satisfied with my gender identity. However, I need to buy a heavy parka for my winter work in arctic Alaska and am thinking about purchasing a men's jacket. I wear men's socks and boy's athletic shoes because they last so much longer and are cheaper. Men's clothes are cheaper and are generally better made. I am also short and want one that can reach my knees to keep my legs warm. Does anyone else do this?

I have a great rain jacket made for men...

used to wear my brother's sports shorts in high school,
then my husbands tees...
and finally, I buy men's tank tees to wear around the house in summer.

Unfair I can do so without gender questíons when men can't...

Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 AM

1,317 posts, read 3,081,772 times
I "inherited" 3 men's button down Polo shirts from my ex who never bothered to pick up most of his clothes.... I put most in trash bags and dropped at his brother's house then found these shirts in the coat closet freshly ironed from the dry cleaners. I called his brother who said he never picked up what you brought here - do what you want. I wear them with leggings in the winter - I can layer under them.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:36 AM

28,207 posts, read 2,196,057 times
In summer, I wear mens shorts, becasue they come down to my knees, womens shorts are far too short for a senior like me, with varicose veins. Buy what you can wear & be comfy in.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:42 AM

13,105 posts, read 17,640,353 times
I wear my dads wool coat in the winter and he gave it to me before he died . I also have been know to wear pullover sweaters for men because womens are made so cheaply . I love the fishermen sweaters and the cable knits for men because they are thicker than womens as well but wear what you want because it is your choice .

Old 09-19-2018, 10:58 AM

1,630 posts, read 1,784,057 times
"But the downside to that was the extra fabric in the front. LOL"

That's where you put your roll of quarters for the laundromat!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:21 AM

2,608 posts, read 1,113,033 times
Hard to do with boobs. But in the past I wore DH's jeans. No more jeans, now. Agree that quality is better!

Old 09-19-2018, 11:27 AM

20,014 posts, read 20,509,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Absolutely.
Better quality and more comfortable.
I am taller and like shirts that don't ride up to my boobs when I raise my arms and sleeves that actually come down to my wrists.
I have a wide foot with 5 toes, not one pointy toe in the middle of my foot. So I buy men's shoes.
Men's jackets are heavier and not so form fitting. I like a little flexibility.
Underwear. Men's 100% better. I prefer briefs. Don't like fabric in my butt crack or elastic in my creases.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:51 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,413,533 times
I buy men's turtleneck shirts in size small (regular). I have a long torso/ long arms and even though I am only 5' 6 1/2" women's turtlenecks are about 2" too short in the torso. Even ordering tall to get extra sleeve length, they are still too short in the torso.

The regular size men's turtlenecks in size small work great, except they are a little big in the neck opening. Can only find them in black, grey, navy and white so color selection is limited. Love the material blends of these turtlenecks that hug the body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or