U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 01:05 PM

4,909 posts, read 7,479,106 times

Advertisements

With the Fall 2018 fashion season now in full swing, I would like to know, what would you like to see for Spring 2019?

Spring 2018 was such a great season with all the items in my favorite color (everyone knows what it is) that I think it has satisfied me for a long time, particularly with my polo shirts, T-shirts, oxford shorts, and long-sleeve button-down shirts, plus the other items that I bought in that color in Spring 2017, I think I will be happy for a long time with all my items that I bought the past two Spring seasons. Spring 2018 even brought a spiritual successor to an item that I accidentally damaged to either bleach or pool chlorine - an interlock polo.

However, one thing I would like to see in Spring 2019 are some more short-sleeve button-downs in that color. In Spring 2017 and 2018, we did see some button-downs in my favorite color, but most of them were long sleeve. I would perhaps would also like to see a patterned (such as with stripes or a windowpane pattern) interlock polo in that color.

Also, one thing that has been absent for a few years from the brands that I buy are darker shades of pink. Spring 2015 had a medium shade of pink (that is a true pink, not reddish pink or salmon like some collections have been featuring the past few years for their darker shades), but I would like to see darker shades of pink (such as medium or hot pink) return for I can get a few items.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; 09-25-2018 at 01:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 09:19 PM

4,762 posts, read 7,741,724 times
This isn't just a coincidence due to your username, but I want to see more HOT PINK or fuschia colored clothing. I ordered some Banana Republic hot pink pants & they're arriving soon:

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...lid+Ankle+Pant

IN fact, I like all the colors of pants on here.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 AM

Since I stocked up a lot in Spring 2017 and Spring 2018, I will probably be buying somewhat fewer clothes in Spring 2019 since I am satisfied with what I already have. Still, if there is something that catches my eye I will probably buy it. Only a small number of Spring 2019 clothes from my favorite brand have been released so far.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:39 PM

Fast forward to now, and I have bought three Spring 2019 items so far. They are in a shade of pink called Candy Pink, which is somewhat brighter than Fairy Tale (somewhat of a medium-light pink), although one of the shirts is a pique polo in a heathered pattern. The others are a pink/light blue gingham polo shirt and an interlock polo. I have already recieved the gingham button-down and have just ordered the two polo shirts from Bealls Florida, who had the best price on them even with shipping, and doesn't even charge tax in my state (although that might change in the future based on the South Dakota vs. Wayfair ruling if Arizona decides to collect sales tax on out-of-state retailers).

Old 01-29-2019, 07:37 PM

I just got my two Candy Pink polos. Interestingly the interlock polo is brighter than the pique polo. I can still tell the difference from Fairy Tale though, Candy Pink is more peachy while Fairy Tale is more purplish.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

9,505 posts, read 4,270,637 times
Here in SW Florida, we really don't have "seasons" like other states do. The only thing I change is I wear less black and more skirts & dresses in spring & summer. We have been having an unusually cold January and I have been wearing pants, socks & boots almost every day for two weeks. Probably the only thing on my Spring wish list would be a few more sundresses and some sandals.

Old Today, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Here in SW Florida, we really don't have "seasons" like other states do. The only thing I change is I wear less black and more skirts & dresses in spring & summer. We have been having an unusually cold January and I have been wearing pants, socks & boots almost every day for two weeks. Probably the only thing on my Spring wish list would be a few more sundresses and some sandals.
Still, the fashion companies ship their fall/winter collections to warmer climates; I once bought an IZOD fleece in Puerto Rico. What might vary would be the exact products offered, probably you won't see much of the extra heavy items.

Old Today, 10:42 AM

20,092 posts, read 13,201,813 times
I live in the cool, rainy PNW. I would like a fleece jacket and/or vest in a bright, happy color. This is an item I might wear into May, or at least late April.

I would like a new pair of Keens.

I would like a new pair of colored jeans and several long and short sleeved tees from Life is Good.

I also could really use a couple of neutral ponte pants.

For summer, I would really, really like a pretty Hawaiian shirt.

And, I just remembered something. I’ve yet to find a good quality blue chambray shirt. I have one that simply is not holding up well. If I found one in my size, that fits well, I’d buy it.

Old Today, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

And, I just remembered something. Ive yet to find a good quality blue chambray shirt. I have one that simply is not holding up well. If I found one in my size, that fits well, Id buy it.
I pretty much quit buying chambray after ironing difficulties with one shirt. I prefer fabrics that are easier to iron, such as poplin, twill, or oxford. One style that I was into for Spring 2018 was natural stretch poplin shirts, which are poplin shirts that have a slight amount of stretch without any added spandex.

Old Today, 01:15 PM

9,505 posts, read 4,270,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
Still, the fashion companies ship their fall/winter collections to warmer climates; I once bought an IZOD fleece in Puerto Rico. What might vary would be the exact products offered, probably you won't see much of the extra heavy items.
I certainly was surprised the last time I went shopping to see some stores selling fleece lined jeans and thermal jackets; the kind you might wear if you lived in Vermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty