U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2018, 11:03 PM

880 posts, read 419,520 times

Advertisements

I don’t want to get a surgery that will be $400+ and have it desolve in 6 months. Currently I use Murad eye lifting cream. It works well but if you miss a few treatments; yikes. I ordered Kate Somerville Retinol Eye Firming Cream because it’s the highest rated eye cream on Ulta.
A little background I only have lines when I smile however they are deep and no dark circles. However I have small eyes and don’t need this in my life. I also don’t wear makeup so that’s not an option for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 05:52 PM

Dissolve

Old 10-08-2018, 06:00 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,550 posts, read 14,051,705 times
How can surgery dissolve? Guessing maybe 'devolve' might be a better word, if I try to figure out what you're getting at. I think you meant the improvement lasts only 6 months. Sounds like a bad idea. That's about $67/month and going under the knife twice a year.

I'm using a similar product (retinol) by LilyAna and I like it, but I haven't used it long enough (a month?) so I don't know if I will like it long term. Many of us are using similar products. We should have a topic that compares them all. I'm thinking of trying Retin A.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...rch_detailpage

Your OP does not appear to have a question.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
How can surgery dissolve? Guessing maybe 'devolve' might be a better word, if I try to figure out what you're getting at. I think you meant the improvement lasts only 6 months. Sounds like a bad idea. That's about $67/month and going under the knife twice a year.

I'm using a similar product (retinol) by LilyAna and I like it, but I haven't used it long enough (a month?) so I don't know if I will like it long term. Many of us are using similar products. We should have a topic that compares them all. I'm thinking of trying Retin A.

Your OP does not appear to have a question.
I didn’t mean surgery. I meant injections.
Retain A is good for hyper pigmentation as well. Vitamin C can be helpful too.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:07 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
Okay, I get it now. I was researching Retin A but decided to stick with the LilyAna retinol for the time being, see if it does any good after a few months use.

It's not clear what you want from this topic. It's clear that the first alternative is too expensive. I don't know about Retin A simply because I don't know how long a 40g or 45g tube lasts. My LilyAna retinol seems relatively inexpensive but I don't know if it works. I got it from Amazon.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:24 PM

Just looking for ways and/or products others use to combat the problem.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:36 PM

Aha! Now we're at the root of the discussion. There's one more product I know about:

Swanson Pycnogenol Wrinkle Cream 2 fl Ounce (59 ml) $10.96 at Amazon

I heard about this product from jamminhealth here on the forum. She makes her own now, from pycnogenol capsules and some other stuff, you can see my topic on SeroVital or perhaps jammin' will see this topic.

It's a dark orange cream and medium thick, too thick for me and has a bit of an odd smell but not anything you notice after it's applied.

The LilyAna retinol is an odorless, white cream with a light texture and vanishes better than the pycnogenol product. The LilyAna is more expensive but due to the thickness of the pycnogenol it seems to get used up more quickly, can't apply small amounts as well as the LilyAna.

I don't know which one works better and I'm not helping things by using one or the other sort of random.

Maybe somebody else can add some more similar products or compare and contrast the three we have so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or