U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 02:07 PM

2,687 posts, read 1,423,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
Are eyeglass chains totally passe? Iíve worn glasses full time my whole adult life (and no-line bifocals for the last 20 or so). Iím having cataract surgery next month. Distance vision will be corrected but Iíll need readers. Trying to decide how to handle them, and I thought of chains as a possibility. Dork factor is not real important, but donít want to be a laughingstock, either.
Hi there. How did your cataract surgery go? I just had mine last week and this week - and have borrowed my husband's readers so I can see. As the poster just above me said - you'll be surprised how much close work you do in a day - and I completely am! I'm using those readers more than I'm doing anything else. And here I was, so happy not to have to wear glasses anymore - I thought!

Right now I'm sticking them in the front of my top but need a better solution, I think. Have tried sliding them down my nose but they fall off. Top of the head is not a solution for these because they have nose pieces and as someone else said, they keep getting tangled in my hair.

Thought I was getting rid of all my problems when I got cataract surgery but have inherited some new problems. I can't see to do my eyebrows! Help!
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 04:49 PM

4,243 posts, read 1,829,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
Since you've been wearing glasses for so long,you will probably be most comfortable wearing a bifocal with no Rx at the top.
It will make you crazy always looking for them otherwise. You can always just wear as needed,but being able to keep them on will be a great benefit.You will be surprised how much close work is done in a given day.
Better just to wear on the head. The quality of the less expensive readers is poor and who wants to wear a clear lens when you donít have to. I have a pair like that because I have an eye disorder and need the progressive style for my computer, but Iím certainly not going to spend $300 to get a true progressive lens just for that when the cheap reader version is $25.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty