U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So are all your underwear plain white briefs? Or is it only "nonsense" when it's little kids and elderly who want something more than boring plain white underwear?
No but how can you make incontenence knickers look sexy.... theres no way , its a ploy for manufacturers to persuade the people who need protection to buy these more expensive ones that no one will see... I hate exploitation especially of an illness and this to me is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 11:04 AM

7,963 posts, read 3,862,498 times
Can anyone share a link to an example of incontinence underwear that are one price for plain and another price for flowered?

Old Yesterday, 11:11 AM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
Nobody wants to wear incontinence underwear, but some people have to. When my dad was still able to tell us what he preferred, he was willing to wear the Depends that were printed to look like men's underwear, but not willing to wear the briefs that looked more like diapers. It might be the same for the older ladies who need the disposable ladies' briefs, it looks more like things they're used to wearing, so they're more willing.

If someone was worried about a partner seeing her incontinence panties, the washable kind would be much more discreet.

Also, I buy teen menstrual supplies for one of my kids and those pads have flowers printed right on the pad. Obviously no one is going to see them except the person using them. They're just there to turn a necessary, functional item into something a bit prettier.

Old Yesterday, 11:45 AM

250 posts, read 115,405 times
How would you feel if you had incontinence? How would that make you feel knowing you were losing control over a part of your life? Would you like to go purchase paper medical diapers to bring home and wear and now this is your reality? I think the initiative that is put forth in making something nice for people facing these issues deserves applause. If they are more expensive, so be it. Women pay a lot for expensive undergarments no one sees because they want to wear them and get to wear them. I am glad there are choices for these women. Everyone is aging and will face the inevitable loss of something. At least these companies - for profit - as all companies are, are targeting these problems and being innovative about solutions where there weren't any before.

Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
No but how can you make incontenence knickers look sexy.... theres no way , its a ploy for manufacturers to persuade the people who need protection to buy these more expensive ones that no one will see... I hate exploitation especially of an illness and this to me is.
Underwear isn't always about being sexy. Sometimes people just want something that is fun, and that they look good in. It doesn't matter if anyone sees the underwear. You think little kids wear batman and wonder woman underwear because its sexy? No, it's fun for the person wearing them.

Although since we're talking about underwear for older people, many do have a spouse that might see them. It's not exploting an illness, it's allowing them to feel more comfortable in what they wear.

Old Yesterday, 12:16 PM

9,483 posts, read 13,334,142 times
Wish there were a link to a picture or something. Is it possible the panties are not more expensive because of a flower but because they are more form fitting, thinner, and altogether more discreet, looking more like a pair of regular panties? I could see paying a bit more if the product actually looked and fit closer to the way actual panties do. (and this so reminds me of the thread about using the word 'panties' lol)

Old Yesterday, 12:20 PM

5,407 posts, read 3,382,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
How would you feel if you had incontinence? How would that make you feel knowing you were losing control over a part of your life? Would you like to go purchase paper medical diapers to bring home and wear and now this is your reality? I think the initiative that is put forth in making something nice for people facing these issues deserves applause. If they are more expensive, so be it. Women pay a lot for expensive undergarments no one sees because they want to wear them and get to wear them. I am glad there are choices for these women. Everyone is aging and will face the inevitable loss of something. At least these companies - for profit - as all companies are, are targeting these problems and being innovative about solutions where there weren't any before.
Thank you for your sensitivity and compassion.

Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
Quote:
Now Im sorry for any with these pee pee problems but on some new tv ads they have a woman model saying now she feels pretty on a pair of pullups with a dummy embroidered flower on them.....firstly whos going to see them and why stick a flower on a pair of pants like these...more money making for these companies... using someone who has a problem like this...maybe one day soon I might need them myself but I dont think I would be paying more for some silly flower on them..
Why not wait until you need them to decide if having a flower on your undies might be nice.

Quote:
Strangely I have some with flowers too and no one sees them..hahah I see your point.
Flowers on your undies but not for the incontinent. I see.

Quote:
Surely too though with such a lot of people with incontinence this should be sorted in the 21st century as it must be so embarrassing for those who suffer... Im not at the stage of having to run fast to the loo.. but thankfully not got to this stage,
If and when you suffer from incontinence, don't worry about having to run fast to the loo; when you realize you have to "go", you "went".

Quote:
Its anything but funny and I get that.. but its like putting mickey mouse on kids pullups.. a reason for manufacturers to make money out of something that I dont see can be made anything but what it is.... a garment to catch pee..maybe its the advert on telly itself... having a model posing in these big drawers with a fake piece of embroidery.. its just nonsense... There are however much nicer looking ones I noticed on the market, these oversized nappies just isnt it..
Would you mind terribly sharing with us the "nicer looking ones" you noticed? Did they have any designs on them? Flowers? Butterflies? Dickie birds?

Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

1,092 posts, read 916,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navyshow View Post
Thanks for your compassion and for not being judgmental, as so many respondents have been. For someone who has this problem it's nice for them to have an option to use something that makes them feel a little bit more feminine.

All people who have an illness, or a medical problem, just want to be, and want to be perceived as being, "Normal". If having a bow or flower on their disposable underwear makes them feel that way (and it DOES), who are any of you to judge either them or the companies that choose to market to them?

Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM

5,802 posts, read 15,479,588 times
Any woman who's delivered a baby or two needs them, and I'm very glad that there are pads designed for this purpose rather than just having plain old sanitary pads (for women's menstral periods) available. It's not the flower, it's what's inside the pad that counts, but having "pretty" ones makes it just a little bit nicer. What I use doesn't come in any other pattern or even plain or patterned.
Who cares, anyway?!?
If you don't need them, count yourself lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty