U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2018, 03:17 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,181,106 times

Advertisements

I wonder if they bunch up like the OPís apparently have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2018, 03:50 PM

15,565 posts, read 8,734,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I saw them too and had a mixed reaction. Finally I decided that they would be nice for elderly women who were still sexually active. I would imagine there's not much more uncomfortable than getting ready to hop into bed in your diapers.
You don't have to be elderly to have problems with your bladder. I've had on-going issues since my thirties. Not so severe that I need protective underwear, but enough so that I know exactly where the nearest bathroom is every moment of the day. I imagine the day is coming soon when I will also need something like this, and if it has a flower on it and makes me feel pretty, I'll likely pay a little extra. So what? The OP needs to stop being so damn condescending.

Old 10-26-2018, 03:55 PM

6,219 posts, read 7,395,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney123 View Post
i wonder if they bunch up like the opís apparently have.
lol!!

Old 10-26-2018, 04:10 PM

18,847 posts, read 12,465,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
No but how can you make incontenence knickers look sexy.... theres no way , its a ploy for manufacturers to persuade the people who need protection to buy these more expensive ones that no one will see... I hate exploitation especially of an illness and this to me is.
I don't think they are trying to make them sexy. They are trying to give them a feminine look, and probably charge more for them. If you don't need them, or don't want them, you don't have to buy them. But possibly others might want them.

Just for the record, I don't need them. But the older I get, the more I wonder when I might.

Old 10-26-2018, 04:16 PM

15,565 posts, read 8,734,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
No but how can you make incontenence knickers look sexy.... theres no way , its a ploy for manufacturers to persuade the people who need protection to buy these more expensive ones that no one will see... I hate exploitation especially of an illness and this to me is.
Jesus, Dizzy! Do you really believe that those of us who have bladder issues are so stupid that we are not aware of the price difference? Do you buy only those things that are practical, plain, and utilitarian? Stop being so damn condescending. My pelvic floor muscles may be failing, but my brain isn't.

Old 10-26-2018, 06:26 PM

3,454 posts, read 5,855,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Underwear isn't always about being sexy. Sometimes people just want something that is fun, and that they look good in. It doesn't matter if anyone sees the underwear. You think little kids wear batman and wonder woman underwear because its sexy? No, it's fun for the person wearing them.

Although since we're talking about underwear for older people, many do have a spouse that might see them. It's not exploting an illness, it's allowing them to feel more comfortable in what they wear.
I think we all have to remember too, that it is not just old people who have incontinence. Many diseases or disabilities make this type of underwear easier for the person and or care takers. Also if you ever gave birth you are definitely in for a few surprises when you laugh too hard or sneeze when you hit about 40. And if your bladder falls like it does in so many women, it may take time before you can get insurance to OK the surgery needed.

And BTW (more than you need to know) if I ever need them, you better believe I will choose the prettier looking one. I don't wear tidy whities or cotton uglies at 70, why would I change my ways at 80?

Old 10-26-2018, 09:00 PM

5,162 posts, read 2,992,030 times
My goodness, look what I found:

https://www.womenhealthzone.com/wome...ence-products/

Lacy incontinence thongs and briefs? Some of these are lovely but they aren't priced on this page.

Old 10-26-2018, 11:25 PM

22,702 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
My goodness, look what I found:

https://www.womenhealthzone.com/wome...ence-products/

Lacy incontinence thongs and briefs? Some of these are lovely but they aren't priced on this page.
Those are the washable ones, but even some of the disposable ones are starting to look a bit better. There are different colors, a lace look print, and some with flowers.

https://www.easycomforts.com/buy-wom...le-pads-361909

Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM

9,098 posts, read 3,918,635 times
Jeez folks Dizzy just made a comment about something on TV; I don't understand why some of you feel the need to be snarky toward her.

Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM

14,495 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
lol!!
laughed myself at that ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty