U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 06:00 AM

14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Jeez folks Dizzy just made a comment about something on TV; I don't understand why some of you feel the need to be snarky toward her.
I was more meaning companies raking in the money for sticking a flower on a pair of incontenance pants not the wearers.. jeezo.. I feel for anyone with the condition and getting there myself..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
I don't think they are trying to make them sexy. They are trying to give them a feminine look, and probably charge more for them. If you don't need them, or don't want them, you don't have to buy them. But possibly others might want them.

Just for the record, I don't need them. But the older I get, the more I wonder when I might.
same here Silibran.. its worrying..

Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Jesus, Dizzy! Do you really believe that those of us who have bladder issues are so stupid that we are not aware of the price difference? Do you buy only those things that are practical, plain, and utilitarian? Stop being so damn condescending. My pelvic floor muscles may be failing, but my brain isn't.
I dont think your getting it...its the tv ad itself.. not people who might need something like this.. our other ad is an older bride flying through the trees wearing hers into the arms of her lover...I thnk its more an age thing as I dont like ads for sanitary protection either on tv.. leave us with some secrets .....Im smiling saying that.

Last edited by dizzybint; Yesterday at 06:15 AM..

Old Yesterday, 08:28 AM

7,966 posts, read 3,869,017 times
I guess no one's been able to find an example of incontinence underwear with flowers being more expensive than the same style of underwear without?

Old Yesterday, 08:34 AM

16,474 posts, read 15,913,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Nobody wants to wear incontinence underwear, but some people have to. When my dad was still able to tell us what he preferred, he was willing to wear the Depends that were printed to look like men's underwear, but not willing to wear the briefs that looked more like diapers. It might be the same for the older ladies who need the disposable ladies' briefs, it looks more like things they're used to wearing, so they're more willing.
(snip).
My late husband was the same. While he only needed incontinence products for emergencies (to save on embarrassment & laundry if he didn't make it in time). He greatly, greatly preferred the ones that looked like grey, men's underwear than the ones that looked like a baby diaper or toddler pull-up diaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Wish there were a link to a picture or something. Is it possible the panties are not more expensive because of a flower but because they are more form fitting, thinner, and altogether more discreet, looking more like a pair of regular panties? I could see paying a bit more if the product actually looked and fit closer to the way actual panties do. (and this so reminds me of the thread about using the word 'panties' lol)
I don't know about the women's product, but the men's slightly higher priced product clearly fitted better and looked better both alone and under clothing. They were also thinner but I believe still had a similar absorbency to the more bulky products.

I'll share a story. Another older woman and I attended an outdoor concert and a couple walked past who were probably in their late 60s/early 70s. They were clearly husband & wife or BF & GF and not a caregiver & person needing care. It was extremely obvious that she was wearing adult diapers under her slacks. It was so obvious that my friend and I knew immediately. I peeked around and I could see other people exchanging looks, so it must have been obvious to others, too.

The interesting thing is that my friend mentioned that she always wore incontinence underwear (adult diapers) when she traveled on an airplane, for long car rides or went someplace new where she was not sure if she could make it to a bathroom in time. She said that she had them on right then. I had been traveling with her for two weeks and had absolutely no idea that she was wearing incontinence underwear at times. That is the clear advantage of the more form fitting, higher quality products.

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM

9,276 posts, read 5,784,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I guess no one's been able to find an example of incontinence underwear with flowers being more expensive than the same style of underwear without?
I guess not. You'd think if mass produced they would be competitively priced. If and when I ever get to that point, I want cat or dog prints on mine.

Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM

15,566 posts, read 8,742,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I dont think your getting it...its the tv ad itself.. not people who might need something like this.. our other ad is an older bride flying through the trees wearing hers into the arms of her lover...I thnk its more an age thing as I dont like ads for sanitary protection either on tv.. leave us with some secrets .....Im smiling saying that.
So it's not the price of the product that bothers you; it's just that you feel squeamish about seeing ads for such items? Well, I've got news for you: mild to severe incontinence is a pretty wide-spread problem that unfortunately does not get the attention it deserves from either the medical profession or the market for products like the one that has weirdly offended your sensibilities.

Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM

5,164 posts, read 2,994,994 times
They're what I would call high-priced. If you google fashionable incontinence panties, you'll see. However if you google incontinence underwear you'll see less expensive versions.

Here's a very lovely pair that are three for $40+

https://www.amazon.com/3-Pack-Regula...07D1DGJHW&th=1

Old Yesterday, 12:58 PM

5,164 posts, read 2,994,994 times
*Gives randomparent a cup of chamomile tea*

Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM

15,566 posts, read 8,742,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
*Gives randomparent a cup of chamomile tea*
No thanks. Likely to go right though me, and I have errands to run today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty