U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 09:04 PM

5,515 posts, read 3,174,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
No one is saying that they aren't expensive. I would expect incontinence underwear to be more expensive than regular underwear. Just questioning the assertion that "companies [are] raking in the money for sticking a flower on a pair of incontenance pants" I haven't seen any evidence of flowered varieties being more expensive than their unadorned counterparts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
What adult would want to wear anything as bulky as a kid's pull up?

They're expensive because it's not easy to create underwear that is discreet, absorbent, and not demoralizing to wear.
Okay, I'm seeing the issue now. You're taking what people say literally and more specifically.

To me flowery underwear means something extra special and therefor more expensive. To you it means a plain pair of underwear that has been printed with flowers.

And I don't think elan's comparison of the price of children's compared to the expensive women's meant literally that she was suggesting that adults should wear them.

You've just got a really down-to-earth mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 09:59 PM

10,685 posts, read 7,783,453 times
"Hopping into bed with diapers" and "sexually active" just don't seem to belong in the same sentence. My brain isn't doing well with that one.

Old 10-27-2018, 10:10 PM

23,437 posts, read 22,428,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
"Hopping into bed with diapers" and "sexually active" just don't seem to belong in the same sentence. My brain isn't doing well with that one.
That's what the absorbent bed pads are for. LOL Or, "Sweetheart, I'll meet you in the shower."

Old 10-27-2018, 10:11 PM

10,685 posts, read 7,783,453 times
Who said they wanted dog and cat prints on theirs? That's funny . Couldn't find the post.

What if you could customize them with your favorite photo? Or you could have rock band .motifs? Black Sabbath disposable drawers. They need to be more creative! Military branch insignia. NFL teams. Zodiac signs. There might be a market for this! We could get rich! Who's in?

Old 10-27-2018, 10:31 PM

23,437 posts, read 22,428,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Okay (she said, sighing, anticipating the jokes) hereís what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Depend-Silhou...orr&ref=sr_1_7

They donít show under yoga pants and they are reasonable at about $1.08/each on average if you shop around. Three colors (beige, black and purple) to a box.

Note this is the moderate absorbency. Maximum absorbency will show under yoga pants.

I do like the more feminine styles people have linked to and will try some of those.
I'm not laughing. I wore them for a couple of months after an accident. I painfully struggled to rise from upholstered furniture and, worst of all, bed. I couldn't always make it to the bathroom in time.

Old 10-28-2018, 02:08 AM

14,642 posts, read 11,839,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
They should have to suggest that a woman go see her doctor about surgery to correct the problem before settling for incontinence undies.
I agree , I had a read about just how many people have this issue and its staggering... more should be done to help for people who suffer..

Old 10-28-2018, 02:09 AM

14,642 posts, read 11,839,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm not laughing. I wore them for a couple of months after an accident. I painfully struggled to rise from upholstered furniture and, worst of all, bed. I couldn't always make it to the bathroom in time.
Not its a very serious matter and not funny one bit.... more should be done to help these people instead of causing perhaps embarrassment and money..

Old 10-28-2018, 11:22 AM

14,016 posts, read 7,591,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Now Im sorry for any with these pee pee problems but on some new tv ads they have a woman model saying now she feels pretty on a pair of pullups with a dummy embroidered flower on them.....firstly whos going to see them and why stick a flower on a pair of pants like these...more money making for these companies... using someone who has a problem like this...maybe one day soon I might need them myself but I dont think I would be paying more for some silly flower on them..
It's because men are developing them - all you need to do to sell to women is make it pink and add flowers As with anything (not incontinence stuff that I hope I don't ever need) I'd rather it work well at what it's intended rather than look "cute".

Old 10-28-2018, 12:21 PM

6,279 posts, read 7,548,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
It's because men are developing them - all you need to do to sell to women is make it pink and add flowers As with anything (not incontinence stuff that I hope I don't ever need) I'd rather it work well at what it's intended rather than look "cute".
Maybe when you do need them, you might decide that "cute" is an option. And who says cute doesn't work well?

It's a shame that so many people worry about how others spend their money. If they can afford it, why would it matter to anyone else what they cost?

Looking at those who spend thousands of dollars on a "designer purse" because of the way it looks, it's not something I would ever do but for those with the funds to do so, why not?

For men who buy expensive sports cars because they're flashy, it isn't my money being spent.

Maybe the complaint should be how much medications cost. I had cataract surgery and needed three different eye drops. One of them cost $193.00; the other two were over a hundred dollars each. Nothing cute about that and still they were expensive.

If a woman wants to preserve her femininity for as long as she can and it costs her a few cents more to do so, I say have at it.

Old 10-28-2018, 12:50 PM

21,290 posts, read 22,440,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Geeze, you can get a whole case of kid's pull ups for that much.
You do realize that the incontinence underwear in the link are reusable rather than disposable right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty