U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2018, 12:52 PM

21,290 posts, read 22,440,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Not its a very serious matter and not funny one bit.... more should be done to help these people instead of causing perhaps embarrassment and money..
Surgery is not always an option, nor is it a money-saver.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2018, 12:54 PM

9,379 posts, read 6,557,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Wish there were a link to a picture or something. Is it possible the panties are not more expensive because of a flower but because they are more form fitting, thinner, and altogether more discreet, looking more like a pair of regular panties? I could see paying a bit more if the product actually looked and fit closer to the way actual panties do. (and this so reminds me of the thread about using the word 'panties' lol)
I think this is probably what the manufacturers had in mind, ie, to make incontinence briefs a little more appealing to their customers, by making them more form fitting, thinner, so they couldn't be seen under clothing, and patterns such as flowers or what have you, well... why not? If I had to wear them ( and the day has not yet come, thank goodness, but you never know), I'd probably be grateful for a product that was effective and not able to be seen under clothing too.

I'm not sure if, or how much more expensive these "fashion depends" would be than the strictly functional ones, but the costmight depend more on the brands than on their design.

What I find silly in all these "beeyootiful" continence brief ads is that while the model is crowing on and on about how "pretty" they are, the one she is wearing still looks to me like a bulky diaper that would show under clothing. Maybe that's the best they can be and still be reasonably functional, and they are what they are. But pretty?

What I also find amusing in those ads is all of the young, active people, dancing, performing in plays, skiing, you name it, and all wearing these "pretty" continence briefs cleverly almost hidden under their clothing. Perhaps the advertisers' message is that continence brief use is more common and varied than one might be aware of, and that it does't prevent anyone from doing what they want, and I''ve no doubt this is true. But the message, "everyone does this", just seems a bit much to me.

Old 10-28-2018, 01:05 PM

21,290 posts, read 22,440,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I think this is probably what the manufacturers had in mind, ie, to make incontinence briefs a little more appealing to their customers, by making them more form fitting, thinner, so they couldn't be seen under clothing, and patterns such as flowers or what have you, well... why not? If I had to wear them ( and the day has not yet come, thank goodness, but you never know), I'd probably be grateful for a product that was effective and not able to be seen under clothing too.

I'm not sure if, or how much more expensive these "fashion depends" would be than the strictly functional ones, but the costmight depend more on the brands than on their design.

What I find silly in all these "beeyootiful" continence brief ads is that while the model is crowing on and on about how "pretty" they are, the one she is wearing still looks to me like a bulky diaper that would show under clothing. Maybe that's the best they can be and still be reasonably functional, and they are what they are. But pretty?

What I also find amusing in those ads is all of the young, active people, dancing, performing in plays, skiing, you name it, and all wearing these "pretty" continence briefs cleverly almost hidden under their clothing. Perhaps the advertisers' message is that continence brief use is more common and varied than one might be aware of, and that it does't prevent anyone from doing what they want, and I''ve no doubt this is true. But the message, "everyone does this", just seems a bit much to me.
Right up there with sanitary product ads with all of these young women only wearing white pants...

Old 10-28-2018, 01:12 PM

5,515 posts, read 3,174,460 times
I'm just now recalling a pioneer woman's journal which I read a while back. She wrote it while traversing the hot, never-ending prairielands. Her worries were many and most involved fatality. And still there were issues of femininity to consider.

She wrote about how she hoped they could always find a place near water to camp at night. Then, after waiting for everyone to settle for the night, getting up and slipping down to the water to wash out her "monthly rags" in private and clean herself. And I suppose there were others with incontinence problems.

In light of what our sisters of yore had to deal with I suppose we should be grateful for the darn things!

Old 10-28-2018, 02:32 PM

16,557 posts, read 9,209,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
They should have to suggest that a woman go see her doctor about surgery to correct the problem before settling for incontinence undies.
Surgery is not always an option, and in some cases, the attempted repair introduces complications that are worse than the original issue.

Old 10-28-2018, 03:24 PM

8,378 posts, read 4,188,492 times
I'll take the inconvenience of incontinence over the risks of surgery.

Old 10-28-2018, 05:53 PM

26 posts, read 12,089 times
As a disabled 44 year old woman that suffers from a bad case of incontinence I think they're fine. I haven't bought any but I would like to. As it is I just wear regular depends or regular underwear if I am going to be where a bathroom is near. At my age it is especially embarrassing as I need my husband's help with pretty much everything and we live on pretty much just his income and being quite a bit younger he works hard but hasn't been able to rise up in the ranks and make that much relatively speaking so things like pretty incontinence underwear is more of a luxury.

Old Today, 04:39 PM

9,736 posts, read 13,630,686 times
Bumping this because I recently had an ad for Willow incontinence underwear come up for a free trial of 20 pair. https://www.hiwillow.com/
I have an upcoming trip that will have me doing a lot of driving and walking in unfamiliar neighborhoods so I think using something like this as a 'just in case' precaution might be wise. Wondering if anyone has used these and has any feedback on fit/function?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty