U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 02:17 PM

2,972 posts, read 4,700,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Observation
i just meant it's obviously not true as plenty of guys who do not wear nail polish enjoy a woman with her nails done sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
It depends. None, clear, nude... okay. Acrylics (I mean the artificial nails) definitely not! Other colors, should be color coordinated with hair, outfit, etc. to look good. Chewed nails: tacky.

It's funny, my favorite date owns a nail salon and we've never discussed nails. But for sure she does not wear acrylics.

Nails in weird or garish colors, definitely asking for split checks!
Just out of curiosity, do you just not visually like when girls do brighter or more eye catching colors?

Old 11-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles del Río Porciúncula
13,663 posts, read 14,091,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you just not visually like when girls do brighter or more eye catching colors?
I dislike only garish colors, the kind that scream "LOOK AT ME!!!"

The fact that I can't remember my date's nail color shows she has good taste. She also has excellent fashion sense. (We've been on maybe 3 dozen dates.)

I can conceive that a whole fashion package with loud colors could be put together if somebody knew what she was doing.

I'm an artist. I can tell when colors do not go together well, I can tell when an outfit (men's or women's) is not color coordinated, or when it is. I'm conscious of that as I pick my own clothing.

BTW I think overly long nails look bad too. I'll quantify that: if her nails are too long for typing then they're too long.

Please remember that I'm not criticizing women. I'm just defining my personal taste.

I think fashion works best when you don't notice any particular thing. And wow, she totally understands that! She may be the most fashion smart woman I've ever dated. She even looks good when we go to the gym together.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:

The fact that I can't remember my date's nail color shows she has good taste. She also has excellent fashion sense. (We've been on maybe 3 dozen dates.)

I can conceive that a whole fashion package with loud colors could be put together if somebody knew what she was doing.

I'm an artist. I can tell when colors do not go together well, I can tell when an outfit (men's or women's) is not color coordinated, or when it is. I'm conscious of that as I pick my own clothing.

BTW I think overly long nails look bad too. I'll quantify that: if her nails are too long for typing then they're too long.

Please remember that I'm not criticizing women. I'm just defining my personal taste.

I think fashion works best when you don't notice any particular thing. And wow, she totally understands that! She may be the most fashion smart woman I've ever dated. She even looks good when we go to the gym together.
I understand you're just defining your personal taste so no worries!

My fiancee and I are both arts-driven people. I do interior design on the side outside of my day job. She's a ballet + contemporary dancer as well as fashion consulting and retail. Needless to say we're both very particular about our own clothes and style as well. So I'm always curious to see how other people think about these things (hence why I read here a lot)

She often does brighter colors and I think it really fits her personality and the way she dresses. She of course does more muted colors at times too (a subtle very dark red right now). Being 50% mexican though the brighter colors look really good with her skin tone, especially in the warm months. I do appreciate women who are very well dressed and understated, but I also really like women who dress very well and are a little bold with their choices and mine falls in with the latter.

Old 11-02-2018, 03:21 PM

4,554 posts, read 2,785,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huyenle071090 View Post
Guys love girls wearing nail polish.
Mod cut.
Well, I hit a local taco bell and the window girl had the nicest color of orange on hers. I complimented her and she went from mildly bored to bright and cheerful in .4 seconds and a "Thank you!" response. I bet her day went way better. "Some guy NOTICED my nails" believe it, that means a lot to females..

Old 11-02-2018, 03:34 PM

473 posts, read 367,855 times
I actually detest fingernail polish or long nails. Have never liked it.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:32 PM

17,992 posts, read 9,875,337 times
Quote:

Seems strange an artist would not notice and remember all such things about someone he cares for and has seen often.

As a portrait photographer, I certainly do.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:34 PM

17,992 posts, read 9,875,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I think I have figured out that the guys who like it when girls wear finger nail polish are the guys who like to wear it themselves.
No.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:37 PM

5,907 posts, read 3,171,770 times
My wife gets her nails done every couple of weeks. She does it for herself, not me. And I have no problem with that.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:04 PM

439 posts, read 88,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
Believe it or not, there are some guys with a nail fetish. They DO look at and care about a woman's nails. Yrs ago a friend dated a guy like that (found out there were many others) and he would pick and choose her nail colors and paint her nails. He liked them long.
That's extremely rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty