U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 01:16 AM

4,066 posts, read 3,610,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Nope, they were started by a surfer for surfers and their nickname was slippers. You misread wikipedia.

I started buying them in surf shops in South Carolina in the late nineties.

I still see surfers in them all the time in the on our South Florida surfing beaches in the winter.
I didn't read wikipedia at all. But now that I did, it states originated in australia and new zealand just like I said it did. And they were mainly used as slippers, like I said they were. You are right, though; they were used by surfers once the were introduced to the UK and USA. So maybe you read it wrong, or were reading about Ugg the brand and not the actual shoe themselves...
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots

Where I initially.got my info from... an Australian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2018, 07:21 PM

5,974 posts, read 6,429,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I didn't read wikipedia at all. But now that I did, it states originated in australia and new zealand just like I said it did. And they were mainly used as slippers, like I said they were. You are right, though; they were used by surfers once the were introduced to the UK and USA. So maybe you read it wrong, or were reading about Ugg the brand and not the actual shoe themselves...
ttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugg_boots

Where I initially.got my info from... an Australian.
To me they’re great ways to keep your feet warm in the winter.
No tying, no socks, no fuss.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:24 AM

9,613 posts, read 13,479,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
To me they’re great ways to keep your feet warm in the winter.
No tying, no socks, no fuss.
But are they worth giving up for a few hours out of your day occasionally, to keep the peace and make your grandmother happy?
To be honest I think the argument about your age doesn't hold water when it comes to uggs, I haven't seen much of anyone, of any age, wearing uggs for the last several years.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:34 AM

2,091 posts, read 1,358,553 times
what are some good brands to wear for 30 something? I feel confused all the time and a real pull between part of me that wants to be minimalist & casual/comfortable & fashion is such a waste vs. the other part of me that says "I should be glam, pretty & take over the world" type of look.

I mainly stick to department store now because every time I look at Banana Republic or Express I find awesome outfits that gives the power look but I chicken out due to price. So I look at Old Navy or New York&Co and am not impress by their style but the price is right. So department store it is but would love to improve my style without breaking the bank.

Old 11-27-2018, 11:56 AM

4,869 posts, read 3,769,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
But are they worth giving up for a few hours out of your day occasionally, to keep the peace and make your grandmother happy?
To be honest I think the argument about your age doesn't hold water when it comes to uggs, I haven't seen much of anyone, of any age, wearing uggs for the last several years.
I wore mine yesterday. They are pretty warm. And comfortable. I'm all about the comfort at my age.

Old 11-27-2018, 10:41 PM

7,655 posts, read 8,081,189 times
Still see plenty of Uggs worn in Manhattan. I can't wear them, but I guess up north, they are very popular. The flagship Macy's has a big display-maybe since we have many Australians living here?

Old Today, 07:49 PM

1,022 posts, read 344,363 times
Uggs and Birkenstock are the best birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or