U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 08:16 PM

17,735 posts, read 21,912,440 times

Advertisements

I thought Mme. Macron looked stunning! Her outfit was classic and beautiful. It fit her so well.
I had no idea that she was 65! I guess 65 is the new 35! Gives me something to look forward to.

I didn't like Melania's outfit. This was really one of her worst choices. Or her stylists. Dreary, and as usual, too tight,

Totally agree with the others who said that she does not look comfortable in her clothes. Many of her "get ups" remind me of Barbie outfits. Too costume like.

Wearing a pith helmet was to me, not a good choice. It's like "Barbie Goes on Safari" - way too trite. The costume thing, again. Come to think of it, she kind of looks like a Barbie doll in her clothes. Stiff and unnatural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 08:17 PM

26,947 posts, read 28,325,044 times
Yes thank you posters for framing why I am not sold on Melania’s style. So many great pieces but nothing seems natively her.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:15 AM

1,416 posts, read 1,176,775 times
I just noticed this thread on the first wives outfits. If you do a search on Melania and find early photos of her as a teen, with her family, and as an early twenty something, she looked much happier; and you will see that she has had extensive plastic surgery on her nose and chin. Then later after her nude photos she had more on her eyes. Her eyes are now slanted upwards and her brows are close together, as consistent with today’s style. Her nose looks pinched. All of this can contribute to a “pained and unhappy look”.

https://theskincareedit.com/2016/08/...fore-and-after

https://www.thehits.co.nz/photos/mel...-after-photos/

Her outfits are striking, but in my opinion often too tight, evidenced by the horizontal wrinkles and pulls and obvious camel toe. She has no consistency of style. She does dress “as statement”. After the tape of 45 talking about grabbing *******, she wore a ***** bow blouse to the next debate. We all saw the ruckus she started with her $38 dollar who cares coat. Not so much with her $58 k embroidered jacket on the way back from that first trip to Europe as First Lady.

Her gown being received in England was over the top. Her pith helmet in Africa caused hard feelings and should have never have happened. I’ve always researched customs and history before traveling, as not to insult the people of that country. Her “people fell down on job.”

Yes she is being costumed- but she knows what she is doing and really doesn’t care what anyone else thinks.

All of the first wives dressed appropriately.

Last edited by funisart; 11-14-2018 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Add link.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:47 AM

18,462 posts, read 3,741,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
I just noticed this thread on the first wives outfits. If you do a search on Melania and find early photos of her as a teen, with her family, and as an early twenty something, she looked much happier; and you will see that she has had extensive plastic surgery on her nose and chin. Then later after her nude photos she had more on her eyes. Her eyes are now slanted upwards and her brows are close together, as consistent with today’s style. Her nose looks pinched. All of this can contribute to a “pained and unhappy look”.

https://theskincareedit.com/2016/08/...fore-and-after

Her outfits are striking, but in my opinion often too tight, evidenced by the horizontal wrinkles and pulls and obvious camel toe. She has no consistency of style. She does dress “as statement”. After the tape of 45 talking about grabbing *******, she wore a ***** bow blouse to the next debate. We all saw the ruckus she started with her $38 dollar who cares coat. Not so much with her $58 k embroidered jacket on the way back from that first trip to Europe as First Lady.

Her gown being received in England was over the top. Her pith helmet in Africa caused hard feelings and should have never have happened. I’ve always researched customs and history before traveling, as not to insult the people of that country. Her “people fell down on job.”

Yes she is being costumed- but she knows what she is doing and

**really doesn’t care what anyone else thinks**

All of the first wives dressed appropriately.

True...remember the I don't care, do you coat...????

Old 11-14-2018, 10:58 AM

1,093 posts, read 365,942 times
Melania usually dresses very stylishly, but I didn’t care for the gray wool outfit. It was too much wool and did look a bit frumpy. All those pleats didn’t look good, her best look is more sleek.

Ms Macron looked like the typical and impeccably dressed French women. Pretty, sophisticated and tres chic!

Old 11-14-2018, 11:10 AM

466 posts, read 113,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I think Melania is a very nervous, self conscious person. She never seems relaxed or comfortable and I don't think it has ANYTHING to do with her clothes.

Sorry, I'm not a Trump fan and I think that he is very controlling and demanding.

I am guessing from what I've seen with the way he talks to other people, that he can be sarcastic and very demeaning towards her.

If I'm correct, (and nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors,) that is what Melania lives with every day. I think she's afraid of stepping out of line... HIS line, more than anyone else's.
I agree with this; based on what we know about Trump I can't imagine him treating a wife as an equal partner. And could you imagine him, for example, staying married to someone who was seriously overweight, didn't color her grey hair, and/or had frown lines between her brows?

My idol as far as looking elegant after A Certain Age is Christine Lagarde, head of the International Monetary Fund. I keep wanting to get my hair cut like hers but I don't have that elongated face with elegant, high cheekbones.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...-web&fr=mcafee

Sad that the picture in the OP included only a handful of male Accompanying Persons.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:33 PM

8,142 posts, read 3,985,704 times
It’s always seemed to me that Melania’s main priority is what labels she’s wearing, not whether or not she’s actually expressing her own personal style. I honestly can’t tell what her style is, other than “expensive”

Old 11-16-2018, 02:52 PM

17,735 posts, read 21,912,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
True...remember the I don't care, do you coat...????
I will never understand that coat. Or the message.

What was that? "Barbie Goes Psycho"?

Old Yesterday, 08:32 AM

1,690 posts, read 931,358 times
The claws are out!

Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM

39,502 posts, read 38,106,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
The claws are out!
Nope. Just critiquing fashion choices, much like guys break down an NFL game on Monday morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty