U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Kind of Shopper Are YOU?
Impulse shopper no matter what the cost 4 16.00%
Will wait forever till it's the lowest price possible even if it means it sells out before I get it 6 24.00%
Will wait till it at least goes on sale once (but not clearance, etc.) 13 52.00%
Try to get someone to buy it for me ASAP 0 0%
Buy now & hope it goes on sale soon so I can get the price adjustment, otherwise just keep it anyway 2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 11:47 AM

4,605 posts, read 7,592,018 times

Advertisements

What KIND of shopper are you? Elaborate if you want based on the poll.

Personally, I get good quality things on sale, so I'm willing to wait till it goes on sale 97% of the time. I'd rather have fewer high-quality items than a whole bunch of cheap things. IF something's just so unique that I have to have it & it's about to sell out, then I'll see if it's worth paying whatever the full price is they're asking.

Throughout the years, although I haven't counted it up exactly, I've lost some things because I was waiting on it to go on sale & it sold out before I got it. I'm really mad about missing out on this one:

The 120 Crochet Large Hobo - Seaside Stripe in Leather Shapes at The Sak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2018, 12:31 PM

19,094 posts, read 12,656,119 times
I tend to buy as I need something. I will go check the sale racks, or the sale pages of online retailers, because, why not?

I do not haunt shops though. I sometimes visit to "research" but usually, I if I am in a shop, I am looking for something.

If I see a deal I can use, I'll probably buy it, though. I am an opportunistic shopper.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM

3,000 posts, read 4,730,855 times
I keep a list of my main wants that I update at least annually. If it is on that list and I find it, and it checks all my boxes, I am OK buying it without any discount, especially if there is a chance it won't be around for a sale. Outside of that, it's easy to get something like at least 20% off just about anywhere randomly. I do peruse the deep clearances but I don't wait for anything to get there. I buy high quality in small quantity. So when I really want something I tend to get it if it is within my budget.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:07 AM

7,233 posts, read 5,509,966 times
I just go in, see what I want, get it, pay the cashier and go...

Old 11-14-2018, 12:46 PM

5,128 posts, read 12,792,449 times
I voted buy now, and get a reduction later, if possible....but that's ONLY for something I want. I don't just buy to be buying something.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:05 PM

16,032 posts, read 8,918,160 times
I can't vote because I am a shopping avoider. I hate shopping, and when I must do it, I plan it like a surgical strike. Ten minutes to get in and out and not one second more. The only exception to that rule is bookstores, where I can easily spend all day browsing.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:36 PM

5,176 posts, read 666,689 times
None of the above.

If I need something, I shop online and I will do a lot of comparison shopping (including pricing) before I buy. Almost the only exception to this are shoes and bras, as I try these on first. (I usually only wear jeans or capris and casual tops now. I wear the same size now as I did years ago, so I still have plenty of dresses and dressy outfits for the rare times I wear one of those.) Oh, and buying books is another exception. One of my favorite things to do is browse in bookstores, and it is a rare occasion when I don't walk out with at least one new book.

However, if I am at Target or out shopping "just for fun" (like at an outlet mall or shopping area in which we have just had a restaurant lunch), if I see something I like and it isn't expensive OR if it is something I will need in the future and it is a great price, I will buy it "on the spot".

I don't comparison shop for groceries, either, but I will stock up on non-perishables and frozen foods during good sales. (We have both a large pantry and a large freezer.)

Old 11-14-2018, 04:37 PM

8,266 posts, read 7,549,403 times
I'm cheap when it comes to clothes with the exception of Manolo Blahniks because they last me twenty years with regular wear and are worth every penny.

I don't like Louboutins because I think reality shows have made them trashy as hell.

I'll find something I like and start stalking it all over the internet.

I'll buy it at the lowest price possible.

My favorite jeans are white TopShop Jamie Moto which are $80 at Nordstrom which isn't too bad but I find them on Ebay brand new all the time for $20.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:18 PM

1,499 posts, read 1,061,363 times
The virtual kind.

I *hate* shopping - always have!

Blessings!

Mahrie.

Old 11-14-2018, 09:02 PM

882 posts, read 310,801 times
"What KIND of shopper are you?"

the kind that knows 4 pairs of shoes are enough.
1. sneakers.
2. flip flops.
3. brown.
4. black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty