U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM

4,723 posts, read 7,266,265 times

Advertisements

I wonder, if you wear certain colors on Thanksgiving, what colors do you typically wear?

In the past I wore pink button-downs, but more recently for Thanksgiving I wear more autumnal hues instead. Last year I wore a button-down in a faded red known as Saltwater Red, while this year I think I will wear a button-down in a teal green color known as North Sea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM

3,258 posts, read 1,518,842 times
Just another day to me. What I wear depends on the weather.

We are going out to eat, so I will probably wear jeans/booties/blazer/turtleneck.....

Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM

4,723 posts, read 7,266,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
Just another day to me. What I wear depends on the weather.

We are going out to eat, so I will probably wear jeans/booties/blazer/turtleneck.....
Note that this thread is specifically about color, not styles of clothing.

Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM

2,999 posts, read 4,726,787 times
Since it is fall, I am often wearing neutral colored button ups or sweaters with nice jeans and boots.

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

9,586 posts, read 13,435,671 times
Typically just my standard fall color palette. Aubergine, goldenrod, wine, cinnamon, pumpkin, moss, etc. I will probably wear this pattern to the family dinner https://dtpmhvbsmffsz.cloudfront.net...a2af03156d.jpg

Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM

21,101 posts, read 26,030,965 times
Color? For Thanksgiving? Never thought about it.

For Christmas and the weeks before, I have a Big Dog sweatshirt in bright holiday red, with a big St Bernard and the words "here comes Santa Paws".

That thing has lasted for years because I only get to wear it a couple of times a year. I'll be heartbroken when it gets too old to wear in public.

Thanksgiving? Nobody in my family dresses up for Thanksgiving. I'll probably be wearing blue jeans and a T-shirt.

I switch to Santa Paws after Thanksgiving. For fall, up until Thanksgiving, I have a white sweatshirt with autumn leafs and little birds that gets a lot of compliments.

Old Yesterday, 01:08 PM

4,522 posts, read 1,549,788 times
Since we are hosting Thanksgiving at my house this year...what I'm wearing has hardly been a consideration. I'm aiming for "clean". I DO have a cable knit, dusty-purple sweater with a ballet neckline that I might wear. But then again...it depends on how hot the house gets. I might end up in something summery.

I'm more focused on the grocery list and cleaning house.

Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM

10,626 posts, read 11,719,036 times
Plaid

Old Yesterday, 02:40 PM

19,073 posts, read 12,636,950 times
If I am cooking the dinner, my clothing is the last thing I thnk about, frankly. I usually end up wearing whatever is clean and hanging in my closet.

Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM

9,096 posts, read 7,164,521 times
Hmmm...
Well, let's see...
Brown (boots)
Blue (jeans)
Khaki, red, or black (shirt)
Plaid (shirt/jacket if going outside)
Black, again (coat, if it is really cold)
Black, one more time (hat)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or