U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 02:05 AM

2,711 posts, read 3,156,311 times

Advertisements

[quote=greatblueheron;53666436]Yes...the fact that there is a little bit of platform keeps your heel from being hitched up so high.

Also try:

zappos.com

...where you enter what height, color, etc of shoe. My wife has bought many a pair here.[/QUOTE

Last edited by warren zee; 11-18-2018 at 02:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 10:35 AM
Status: "I kept my promise, please keep your distance" (set 13 days ago)

1,601 posts, read 504,293 times
Im not sure they meet your requirements for sparkle and bling factor, but I find Earth to be one of the most comfortable shoes made - you can also find many cutting edge styles in the brand. Even some funk factor going on. I love them!

https://earthshoes.com/earth-shoes-a...omens-heel-brc

The photos don't do the navy booty justice.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:05 PM

6 posts, read 11,451 times
Try Vionic. Was a game changer for me.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:10 PM

2,951 posts, read 1,221,878 times
If you can go for penny/tassel loafers, bass shoes offers the shoe with a sneaker sole. Very comfy slip on.

Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM

4,602 posts, read 7,592,018 times
Thanks again, guys! Anyone else?

I wore my sequinned skirt Sunday (yesterday) for a fancy fashion show event and it was great for the occasion! I plan to wear it again soon. But, since I didn't have any fancy shoes at the time, I just wore my nice, knee-high black part leather, part suede boots and they looked great. I still want fancier shoes though in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Anything Sam Edelman is super comfortable for me. I cannot wear Steve Madden. The arch is too high or something and they cripple me in under an hour.

I live downtown Fort Lauderdale and walk everywhere and have literally walked miles in them. Three miles one night. They come in ten colors and I have them in five and the nude goes with everything.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sam-ede...BoCP5wQAvD_BwE
My experience w/ Sam Edelman shoes haven't been good for me. I returned some shoes of his in the past & I'm stuck w/ some sandal I never wear that I didn't end up returning. I guess I'll try to put some insoles in them & see.

Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

18,573 posts, read 3,767,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
If you can go for penny/tassel loafers, bass shoes offers the shoe with a sneaker sole. Very comfy slip on.
?

She's asking for dress shoes...

Old Yesterday, 11:38 AM

A stacked heel would be more comfortable than a spiked heel...

did you see any you liked in the posts??

Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM

It's only due to my ankle injury that I have such a tough time finding the right shoes these days.
Before, I could wear high heels. Wedges were my personal favorite fun shoes in general...NOT necessarily for a fancy event like I'm talking about for THIS thread though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
A stacked heel would be more comfortable than a spiked heel...

did you see any you liked in the posts??
Out of everyone's posts here, I like these, but still may be too high for me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
And some styles on here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesky View Post

Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
It's only due to my ankle injury that I have such a tough time finding the right shoes these days.
Before, I could wear high heels. Wedges were my personal favorite fun shoes in general...NOT necessarily for a fancy event like I'm talking about for THIS thread though.

Out of everyone's posts here, I like these:

And some styles on here:

The first ones are pretty...can you order, try on and then send back if they're not comfortable?

Footsmart does have comfortable shoes, I've ordered from them too. They have problem feet in mind...

Zappos.com has a huge selection and offers free shipping and free returns. You can click on a series of shoe descriptions to narrow the choice...

ie dress shoe, height of heel, leather or fabric

Have ordered from them many times.

Good luck!

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM

^ Thanks, yes I ordered some & am awaiting for their arrival as we speak, so if they don't work out, I'll return them. Footsmart does seem good so after I see how these that I ordered go, I'll look more thoroughly on there. Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or