U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:06 PM

1,120 posts, read 788,104 times

Advertisements

Cole Haan does great quality shoes that are comfortable and dressy. Clark’s also carries some nice designs from time to time that are also very good on the feet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM

5,278 posts, read 3,052,202 times
I've had to quit wearing heels higher than an inch and a half or so unless they are platforms. The shoe you show in your opening post would have my heel sliding around and there would be a risk of twisting my ankle.

But I have found a solution for wearing dressy shoes without worrying so much about slippage and that's Dr. Scholl's "Stylish Step" heel and ball inserts. They stick to the inside of the shoe but are removable for use in other shoes and are invisible when your foot is in the shoes. With them in my sandals my foot doesn't slide around.

You can also buy a stick-on gripper to place on the sole of the shoe to keep from sliding around on the floor when you walk.

At 70 this is my dressiest shoe:

https://www.healthyfeetstore.com/nao...ns-sandal.html

Not quite so delicate but very comfortable and safe to walk on. (I didn't pay nearly what this store is asking!)

Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM

26,966 posts, read 28,339,721 times
I have found that block heels in this style are comfy - with some small caveats - make sure the sole is breathable and padded for the amount of standing you need to do. Otherwise they are pretty decent:
I grabbed these in suede a year or 2 ago:

Also some version of these: they were fine for me to stand in for basically 6 hours....

And these are my new faves, well they no longer have my 2 inch version with the subtle gold studs! They are my new fancy shoes.

Also, these sandals were pretty good - not quite 4 miles of walking good. But definitely fine for a wedding where you spend most of the night standing. I first wore them at an afternoon wedding, through the reception.

Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM

13,597 posts, read 7,274,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Anything Sam Edelman is super comfortable for me. I cannot wear Steve Madden. The arch is too high or something and they cripple me in under an hour.

I live downtown Fort Lauderdale and walk everywhere and have literally walked miles in them. Three miles one night. They come in ten colors and I have them in five and the nude goes with everything.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sam-ede...BoCP5wQAvD_BwE
3" heels? .....no.

Old Today, 06:16 AM

33,219 posts, read 12,725,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MermaidDallas View Post
Try Vionic. Was a game changer for me.
Me too. I can tell within seconds the difference when I wear another brand.

Oddly enough, the flips flops feel the best on my arches, ankles, and knees. I've bought at least a dozen other styles and they are all okay, but don't feel as goo as the flip flops.

I wore a pair of Vionic sandals with rhinestones with a floor length, flowy dress and my feet felt just as good at the end of the night as they did at the beginning.

Old Today, 10:51 AM

100 posts, read 21,442 times
There are expensive and comfortable, but you have to furnish your own bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or