U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 03:35 AM

17,772 posts, read 21,967,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I have eyelash extensions so I wear them everywhere.
Same. And they look much more natural than false eyelashes that are applied every day.

My vision is not that good. Eyelash extensions give me a head start in looking made up. I can't do eyeliner, but with the extensions, I don't think they are needed.

I use Two Faced brow color every day, also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:18 AM

4,635 posts, read 7,608,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I know that some them don't use glue. But most do, right?
Why would a person possibly put glue near their eyes? That's rhetorical, of course, because people do every day.
As long as they don't complain if their eyes get infected more power to them, I guess.
I have coworkers who wear fake eyelashes. And IMO, they look stupid.

Maybe I jut don't identify with people putting so much effort into something as superficial as looks. But if it's obvious that what you're doing is fake -- and it's all a facade -- what's the point?
Beauty is a something million or billion-dollar industry as I'm sure you know, so although some people don't care to do that kind of stuff, there's plenty out there who do. Nothing wrong at all w/ enhancing one's looks nor taking the time to do so! I think everyone could look better, whether they think they look alright already or not. The best-looking supermodel can still put on a little makeup in my book. Now whether people don't do anything to enhance their looks, thinks it's too much trouble, etc. is another story.

Old Yesterday, 10:52 AM

4,562 posts, read 1,573,566 times
I'd wear them a lot, if I could ever get the knack for putting them on right. I've tried, off and on, through the years. But it's like I'm all thumbs when I try to put them on.

Old Today, 12:20 AM

8,200 posts, read 10,293,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
I know that some them don't use glue. But most do, right?
Why would a person possibly put glue near their eyes? That's rhetorical, of course, because people do every day.
As long as they don't complain if their eyes get infected more power to them, I guess.
I have coworkers who wear fake eyelashes. And IMO, they look stupid.

Maybe I jut don't identify with people putting so much effort into something as superficial as looks. But if it's obvious that what you're doing is fake -- and it's all a facade -- what's the point?
Are you being obtuse?

Looks affect everything,from the way strangers treat you to employment.
There are millions of studies on lookism.

Old Today, 04:06 AM

6,148 posts, read 6,616,952 times
Quote:
Looks affect everything,from the way strangers treat you to employment.
I didn't say they didn't.

Old Today, 05:35 AM

4,635 posts, read 7,608,879 times
All you plain janes out there who never wear one bit of makeup, have hair just hanging down with no kind of style, & just wear simple clothes that don't have any kind of style (you're just wearing clothes to keep from being naked), you should try something:

For at least a full week (or longer), try putting on makeup (foundation & lipstick at the VERY least), styling your hair, & actually wearing something nice & stylish & you'll see how the public reacts to you when you're out & about in public. You'd probably be surprised by how much better you're treated or at the very least, how much better YOU feel. Like they say, when you look good, you feel good. I believe there's truth to that.

Old Today, 08:15 AM

994 posts, read 407,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
For at least a full week (or longer), try putting on makeup (foundation & lipstick at the VERY least), styling your hair, & actually wearing something nice & stylish & you'll see how the public reacts to you when you're out & about in public. You'd probably be surprised by how much better you're treated or at the very least, how much better YOU feel. Like they say, when you look good, you feel good. I believe there's truth to that.
Yep. I definitely get treated better in public if I am wearing makeup (eye makeup beyond the usual foundation and eyebrow pencil). I have mild rosacea and the difference in public treatment when I started wearing foundation was worthy of a TV commercial "not an actor" testimony.

I find this is true even without the "look good, feel good" cause/effect. I recall an instance years ago where I had put eye shadow/mascara and forgot about it (got distracted), then went out and was amazed and taken aback at how well I was being treated by cashiers and such. Then saw myself in a mirror (in a restroom iirc) and suddenly remembered and realized why that might be.

Old Today, 10:36 AM

1,226 posts, read 721,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
All you plain janes out there who never wear one bit of makeup, have hair just hanging down with no kind of style, & just wear simple clothes that don't have any kind of style (you're just wearing clothes to keep from being naked), you should try something:

100% agree with this. I don't notice much difference between when I personally do my makeup (I'm one of the people who has been told I don't need much. makeup)...but when I have my hair down (it's long and beach waved, most days) I definitely do.

As for lashes--I normally have lash extensions, but took a few months break, as I do every so often. I've been using a serum, to grow them out. I will use lashes for occasional nights out, etc, but with the serum, mascara does the trick. I am putting my extensions back on, in two weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty