Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 04:35 PM

829 posts, read 628,671 times

Advertisements

I've never worn them and am not interested. I have no faith in my ability to make them look anything but fake and it would probably irritate my skin/eyes. I don't go anywhere that would warrant that level of make-up and those people who wear them to work look overly done to me. In many cases, it makes the woman look hard and/or odd. I see nothing wrong with make-up or enhancing your natural beauty, but when you look silly or overly made up doing it, you've gone a little too far, in my opinion. All that said, people should do whatever makes them happy and feel good about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 05:39 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeZoo View Post
Women wearing false eyelashes reminds me of the old “Mothra” movies. When Mothra flew, her great wings caused huge wind turbulence damage.

Sorry, but the huge eyelashes look clownish.
Agreed. There's a woman in my social circle who wears false lashes. I'd never tell her so, but she looks completely ridiculous. As for me, I have no desire to wear them. A nice mascara is more than enough for even special occasions.

Old 11-24-2018, 05:39 PM

4,242 posts, read 946,663 times
I find them very helpful for mowing the lawn.

Old 11-24-2018, 07:16 PM

1,347 posts, read 944,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
except for dance performances (years ago), when false eyelashes were the norm...
This, for me. Dance comps and performances. Except currently, not years ago, lol. And I don't do them myself, it's a professional makeup artist who applies them.

I wear mascara if going out or to a professional meeting - it makes my eyes look sharper and more defined.

Otherwise, this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Never. The world will just have to accept my natural lashes.

Last edited by IndyDancer; 11-24-2018 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: Spacing

Old 11-24-2018, 10:20 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,247,689 times
Wore them once for Halloween. I have no patience for applying them on a daily basis and would probably rub my eye forgetting they are on. My natural lashes are long enough if I want to emphasize them a touch of mascara is really all I need.

Old 11-24-2018, 10:34 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,282,508 times
I've worn them for Halloween. These always look fake on me. My natural hair and lash color is light. They don't really make the eyelashes for that.

Old 11-24-2018, 11:01 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Well, I've worn them 3x's in these last 7 days & I like them & think they're fun. Before that, I hadn't worn them in a long time. 2 of those times were for special events, but the last time (today) was just for going out to a different city for the day.

I found a good glue that holds very well, yet I can easily peel them off when I get home.

The most I'll do is spend several dollars on lashes, but none of that hundreds of dollars to get extensions, etc....UNLESS maybe if I'm rich, then I'll try it.

I bought some magnetic ones to try out & thank God I got them on sale for about $5 because those things are impossible for me to put on, so I just gave up & threw them away.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:22 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
I've only worn them a few times. I found some that aren't crazy long or thick, so they look a lot more natural. It took me a while to find some that I thought didn't scream over the top.
I wore them a month ago for a wedding. I hate putting them on or I might wear them more.

Old 11-25-2018, 07:58 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
I have never in my life worn false eyelashes.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:33 AM

10,611 posts, read 12,115,646 times
I know that some them don't use glue. But most do, right?
Why would a person possibly put glue near their eyes? That's rhetorical, of course, because people do every day.
As long as they don't complain if their eyes get infected more power to them, I guess.
I have coworkers who wear fake eyelashes. And IMO, they look stupid.

Maybe I jut don't identify with people putting so much effort into something as superficial as looks. But if it's obvious that what you're doing is fake -- and it's all a facade -- what's the point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty