U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 01:53 PM

399 posts, read 75,374 times

Advertisements

I don't worry about it. I wear what is weather appropriate for the day. I have put the kabosh on buying much in the line of cold weather clothing. It is warm in the house, warm in the car, warm in stores. And where I am at it's not all that cold outside. I now look at the pretty warm sweaters and pass on purchasing because I know it will seldom, if ever, be worn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:02 PM

8,280 posts, read 7,570,918 times
Pink Jazz, that pink polo and pink fleece would probably look great with white jeans.

Before you balk at that, my husband wears white jeans all the time and they look amazing on him!

I really only have one wardrobe living in South Florida. With the exception of a couple of sweatshirt material tops and long sleeve tees, all of my wardrobe is a summer wardrobe!

Old Today, 02:43 PM

2,088 posts, read 1,356,651 times
OP means color (spring bright colors vs. fall earthy tone color). To be honest, I don't wear a very obvious spring color in fall unless it is 1) old and can only be worn as layer & 2) doesn't show much of it when layered up. Same can be said for spring season when I wouldn't pull out my earth tone outfits as much unless again is too old and no point in saving it & layer the hack out of it.

I mix and match often but there are few favorite items that are perfect for certain season, then I save it for that season only. why ruin it by wearing it at wrong time. Example, my knee high brown boots don't come out in spring even if the weather is similar. Just the same, my pink purse doesn't come out in fall instead I opt for brown/tan purse. Those are accessories but clothing items I only save when its new and fresh. Once its old and semi worn out, it has no season to it.

Old Today, 02:52 PM

4,748 posts, read 7,294,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
OP means color (spring bright colors vs. fall earthy tone color). To be honest, I don't wear a very obvious spring color in fall unless it is 1) old and can only be worn as layer & 2) doesn't show much of it when layered up. Same can be said for spring season when I wouldn't pull out my earth tone outfits as much unless again is too old and no point in saving it & layer the hack out of it.

I mix and match often but there are few favorite items that are perfect for certain season, then I save it for that season only. why ruin it by wearing it at wrong time. Example, my knee high brown boots don't come out in spring even if the weather is similar. Just the same, my pink purse doesn't come out in fall instead I opt for brown/tan purse. Those are accessories but clothing items I only save when its new and fresh. Once its old and semi worn out, it has no season to it.
No, I am not referring only to color, but a fashion company's seasonal collection. For example, while pink is normally considered a spring color, I have some pink fleeces from IZOD's Fall collections. The pink polo shirts and button-down shirts, on the other hand, are from their Spring collections. I simply can put a pink spring polo underneath a pink fall fleece and make a good combo.

Old Today, 04:56 PM

5,212 posts, read 685,637 times
As I am 65 and retired, I no longer give a whit about fashion unless I am going someplace nice, but as I wear nothing but classic clothes that haven't gone out of fashion in at least 20 years, that has not been a problem for me. The other 95% of the time, I wear long-sleeved tees in mostly neutral colors and jeans in Spring and Autumn. (I wear capris in summer and sweaters on cold days.) So, the short answer is NO, I don't change colors in spring or fall, although I do wear more pastels and brights in summer.

However, here in Denver, we can have snow days up to mid-May and as early as mid-September, so I am sure that has something to do with my clothing choices, lol.

Old Today, 05:42 PM

4,748 posts, read 7,294,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
As I am 65 and retired, I no longer give a whit about fashion unless I am going someplace nice, but as I wear nothing but classic clothes that haven't gone out of fashion in at least 20 years, that has not been a problem for me. The other 95% of the time, I wear long-sleeved tees in mostly neutral colors and jeans in Spring and Autumn. (I wear capris in summer and sweaters on cold days.) So, the short answer is NO, I don't change colors in spring or fall, although I do wear more pastels and brights in summer.

However, here in Denver, we can have snow days up to mid-May and as early as mid-September, so I am sure that has something to do with my clothing choices, lol.
I am pretty sure that fall collections dominate in cold climates while spring collections dominate in warm climates.

Old Today, 06:05 PM

18,862 posts, read 3,842,627 times
Do you work in fashion/retail??

Old Today, 07:19 PM

5,062 posts, read 1,436,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I would like to know, do you ever mix and match spring and fall clothes?

I often like wearing a pink fall fleece over my pink spring polo shirts. I also have a faded red hoodie that I wear over some of my non-pink spring polos.

I don't divide my clothes by season. I divide them by temperature. I wear them at the appropriate temperature, regardless of what month it is.

Old Today, 09:06 PM

26,977 posts, read 28,386,968 times
I live in the mild part of the Bay Area - the weather is quite similar all year. I tend to retire some of my spring clothes in the fall because I tend to wear more prints in the spring and solids in the fall. And I need the solids to wear my patterned scarves. ��
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or