U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:44 AM

4,748 posts, read 7,294,191 times

Advertisements

I would like to know, do you ever mix and match spring and fall clothes?

I often like wearing a pink fall fleece over my pink spring polo shirts. I also have a faded red hoodie that I wear over some of my non-pink spring polos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:12 AM

2,088 posts, read 1,356,651 times
Yes all the time. All my spring tops are layered under fall cardigan. sometimes I even throw on spring dress with cardigan and legging. Its all good

Old Today, 10:32 AM

4,571 posts, read 1,573,566 times
Yes.

I live in a state where the weather changes all the time. For example, this past Sunday, the day started in the 50's with sunshine, which devolved into cloudy and rainy, which devolved into tornado warning where we were, and then blizzard conditions. (Although St. Louis area avoided the worst of the blizzard.)

I always keep some spring or summer clothes out. You just never know.

Old Today, 11:14 AM

3,004 posts, read 4,740,922 times
yes all the time. most clothes have an expected 'primary' season as I'd call it but they end up getting worn year round, especially with how weather is unpredictable. One day in the fall/winter Dallas I'm wearing short sleeve button ups, chucks, and jeans. and the next day im wearing a sweater, leather boots, a beanie, and a leather jacket. the clothes are never truly put away in other seasons, even if I'm not reaching for them daily.

As a result, I end up mixing a lot of clothes from different seasons on those crossover weather days.

Last edited by jamiecta; Today at 11:57 AM..

Old Today, 11:19 AM

5,212 posts, read 685,637 times
Yes, definitely, as I wear LOTS of long-sleeved tees, which are suitable for spring OR fall, and I also wear a lot of jeans.

Old Today, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, definitely, as I wear LOTS of long-sleeved tees, which are suitable for spring OR fall, and I also wear a lot of jeans.
While spring and fall are comparable weather-wise, they are significantly different when it comes to the fashion world. Besides color, spring collections usually also encompass summer and are dominated by warm weather clothes, while fall collections usually encompass winter and mostly consist of cold weather clothes.

And actually, in terms of the fashion calendar, spring runs from January-June while Fall runs from July-December, sometimes starting even earlier with some brands. While this may not make sense weather-wise, in the case of spring many people (particularly snowbirds) like to buy their spring clothes early, while the start of the fall fashion season is conveniently timed to align with back-to-school shopping season.

Last edited by Pink Jazz; Today at 12:49 PM..

Old Today, 12:57 PM

19,241 posts, read 12,710,324 times
In the PNW, springs are cool and rainy. So there is overlap with lighter weight clothes and heavier jackets and boots.

I wear what is climate appropriate. I don’t think about discrete seasons the way you describe.

Old Today, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
In the PNW, springs are cool and rainy. So there is overlap with lighter weight clothes and heavier jackets and boots.

I wear what is climate appropriate. I don’t think about discrete seasons the way you describe.
But that is the way the fashion calendar operates with most brands. As I stated in my previous post, spring actually runs January-June while fall runs July-December. The reason is that many people like to buy their spring clothes ahead of spring and summer, and buy their fall clothes in time for back-to-school season.

I actually live in the Phoenix area, but most retailers still stock fall collections locally, otherwise stores would have an inventory shortage of spring clothes by the end of the fall fashion season.

Old Today, 01:33 PM

18,862 posts, read 3,842,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
But that is the way the fashion calendar operates with most brands. As I stated in my previous post, spring actually runs January-June while fall runs July-December. The reason is that many people like to buy their spring clothes ahead of spring and summer, and buy their fall clothes in time for back-to-school season.

I actually live in the Phoenix area, but most retailers still stock fall collections locally, otherwise stores would have an inventory shortage of spring clothes by the end of the fall fashion season.

Do you operate by a fashion calendar? Not making fun, just wondering....

Old Today, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Do you operate by a fashion calendar? Not making fun, just wondering....
For Spring 2017 and Spring 2018 I bought my Fairy Tale pink stuff as soon as they were released. In IZOD's case that was November/December for the first batch and February for the second batch. For 2019 I am going to slow down a little due to my stock-ups the past two years (I have recently donated clothes that I no longer wear).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or