Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 03:58 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

I like to have different sizes and colors so I'm prepared for any occasion. What would you consider the most versatile color to buy if you already have black, dark brown, tan and cream?

Navy

Oxblood/burgundy

Olive green

or...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 06:26 AM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
Oxblood/burgundy.
If I have a fetish on anything, it's handbags, lol. My daughters have both told me I need a room for my purses. And I like good 'uns.

I have all those standard colors but, I have a reddish burgundy (it actually leans more toward red than burgundy) one that really does go with a lot of other colors and outfits quite well. Green, not so much. Navy goes with a few more things than the green does methinks but personally, I still feel that the reddish one is more complimentary.

Old 11-07-2021, 06:38 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,969,584 times
I also have too many bags. I've given quite a few to my daughter but I still feel that I have too many and I should whittle them down. The way a bag feels is very important to me. I don't like the leather to be too stiff but I also don't like a slouchy bag that folds into itself.

As far as a non traditional neutral I think it depends on where you live. I'm in Florida and a true red bag goes well with many of my outfits. An oxblood red would be too dark for my wardrobe. I wear navy which pairs well with a red bag. Beige and tan outfits brighten up with the addition of red accessories. I also have some prints (not many - I tend to stay away from prints) that have a little red in them so picking up that color with a red bag is a nice touch.

Old 11-07-2021, 10:36 AM

I forgot about grey. I made an offer for a grey bag and a navy. I 'won' the navy but still want the grey if she drops the price.

The oxblood sounds very tempting though.

Old 11-07-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfomd129 View Post
The way a bag feels is very important to me. I don't like the leather to be too stiff but I also don't like a slouchy bag that folds into itself.
I've noticed a lot of shoulder bags have narrow straps that cut into my shoulder. If they were even 1/2" wider it would make them more comfortable. Trying to save money I guess. Bad design.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:16 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,397,493 times
Dark red/burgundy or grey

Old 11-07-2021, 12:18 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've noticed a lot of shoulder bags have narrow straps that cut into my shoulder. If they were even 1/2" wider it would make them more comfortable. Trying to save money I guess. Bad design.
What do you have in your bags that makes them so heavy?

Old 11-07-2021, 12:47 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
I think black purse is a least versatile color. Even black with black. Blah - too much black. Black purse with black accents is OK, though. I rather wear darker red with my blacks. And so the shoes.

But blush color, like skin - goes with just about everything. It matches your skin! (unless you are Black)
Natural, light colored leather is a good match too.

Muted with pastels/brights don't match. The muted will appear dirty.
And I don't try to match the colors, except the purse is made of exactly the same fabric. Leather colors are just too different than fabric colors. In most cases trying to match the same colors usually looks awful. Different fabrics give different shades.

To be on a super safe site - I match my purse with my shoes. Kinda easy to do, as I have at least 60+ pair of shoes. Then silver with silver and gold with gold.

Last edited by elnina; 11-07-2021 at 01:17 PM..

Old 11-07-2021, 01:02 PM

7,097 posts, read 4,823,070 times
I’m not a handbag person at all, but I do use them regularly. Never spend a lot of $$$ on them. But I do like to have a choice of colors to go with my shoes. I don’t like mismatched shoes/handbag. (Maybe it’s an old lady thing!)

Old 11-07-2021, 01:12 PM

I've just realized that the size of my handbag is determined by how far I go from home:

If I'm doing local errands within a 1.5 mile radius of my home, I generally walk so don't want to carry a heavy bag. If I ever forget anything I can easily go home to get it. So I use a small crossbody for my wallet and keys.

For errands of five miles, I bring a medium sized bag which holds a bit more, carrying things I might need and which would be a pain in the arse to have to drive back to get (reading glasses, lipstick).

If I'm planning to be gone all day, I'll bring a larger bag to include more things like makeup, small water bottle, protein bar, two sets of keys, pen and small notepad and anything else relevant to that day. If I plan to buy small items and don't want to carry a shopping bag this size is fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty