U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 11:17 AM

26,999 posts, read 28,433,177 times

Advertisements

Generally speaking I like bright colors and patterns. I wear florals, graphic prints, stripes, jewel tones and pinks.

I was noticing, that when fall hits suddenly I go minimal - more solids, more neutrals. Even if shopping I get more solids and neutrals.

I have a coworker who has a similar palette to me and she does the same. Suddenly we are wearing a lot of black and grey and fewer prints.

Maybe I donít like fall prints - who knows.

This lasts till spring and Iím back in my patterns.

Do you notice seasonal shifts in your wardrobe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 11:47 AM

4,788 posts, read 7,318,773 times
Color-wise, I mostly wear pink year-round, but I generally mix and match some pink spring polos with some pink fall fleeces when it gets cold, and I also have a pink hoodie that I like to wear. Other colors of fleeces that I have are red and teal. In spring/summer is when I wear a lot of my brights and pastels such as bright green, turquoise, and lilac. One style that really reminds me of spring are my interlock polos; I have been buying a lot for Spring 2018.

I also like wearing certain colors on certain holidays. For example, I always wear red on Christmas.

Old 12-02-2018, 07:09 PM

2,216 posts, read 3,039,347 times
I would say mine does as far as patterns. Florals in the spring/summer, plaids in the fall/winter. Solids, however, are about the same year round.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:12 PM

4,788 posts, read 7,318,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
I would say mine does as far as patterns. Florals in the spring/summer, plaids in the fall/winter. Solids, however, are about the same year round.
Plaids don't really have to be restricted to fall/winter. For example, pastel pink/white gingham screams spring/summer. A pink windowpane shirt I think would look good in spring/summer as well.

Old 12-02-2018, 08:19 PM

3,089 posts, read 1,864,544 times
I tend to do solid, darker colors and plaids in the fall and winter.

Spring's more for pastels and floral patterns. I like brighter, bolder colors in the summer.

Old 12-02-2018, 10:21 PM

94 posts, read 34,419 times
The only style change I have is that in the summer I avoid dark/black because it's freaking hot.

Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM

19,300 posts, read 12,764,025 times
Yes. I tend to wear dark colors and boots in the cooler, rainy months. In hot weather, I tend toward bright colors and I wear white and washed denim or chambray.

Old Today, 07:17 AM

9,310 posts, read 4,072,009 times
Living in Florida where we really have no seasons I tend to wear lighter colors in the spring & summer and I wear a lot of black and gray in the fall and winter. I don't usually wear black in the summer as it's too hot. Even a black one piece bathing suit had me feeling like I was burning up last July.

Old Today, 07:22 AM

1,096 posts, read 374,023 times
"Do you notice seasonal shifts in your wardrobe?"

yes.
spring and summer my camouflage has more green.
fall and winter it has more brown....
and white when needed.

Old Today, 07:52 AM

4,661 posts, read 7,628,027 times
I'd say that the aspects that are the same w/ each season for me are:

- same modern/trendy style
- same colors: Black, grey, dark, jewel-toned

Everything else is either lightweight, mid-weight, or cozy according to the seasons. I do love fall/winter fashion the best though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or